Thursday 2 November 2023

Did you have . . .

 . . . a spooky week in your neighbourhood?  I'm fond of Halloween just for the sugar high of the kidlets and their gleeful joy in their costumes.    And, of course, it's always an opportunity to dress up for the fun of it, too.  This year, I put together a costume for a Garden Fairy from studio odds and sods, and John filched a mask and upgraded it to a Grandaddy Warlock costume.



I have a priceless photo of Grandson Owen, who is undoubtedly the most joyous Spiderman ever!  


Unfortunately, the other grandchildren are photoless due to a surgery on Oct. 31.  How untimely is that?!  Luckily, his sibling at least got to trick or treat throughout the hospital so she managed a little sweeting.  

The weather cooperated very well, with temperatures reaching 6 degrees that day.

Of course, play in the studio kept pace with the energy outdoors.  I made progress on both the Christmas cards and ornaments for the grandkids.


I managed a small amount of work on the 3x4,


and started some over-painting a 16 x 20.  


The piece was crying out for more texture,



and between a string bag, glass beads, 

and crackle, I think there's a good start already. 

How about you - were you dressing up, sneaking childrens' candy, and/or playing in the studio?  Hope it was fun, regardless!  

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a busy week what with Halloween and all the art work. Great photos of you all though I find John's mask a bit scary. Great to see the C cards getting done too and I love the new texture you've created. Take care and have a great week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on John's mask - it started out some years ago as an example for a class, a great neice was testing different paints on it, and then John added the warlock dreadlocks...a huge difference! It's been a playful week in more ways than one here. :D Sending hugs right back to you!

      Delete
  2. Oh, too much cuteness! You can't help but smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Win you are a couple of cuties in you masks but your grandson takes the cake with his obvious delight at the whole thing. He made me laugh.
    Your weather is about the same as ours. But at least it wasn't raining or snowing on Halloween. Sadly we only got ten Trick or Treaters. Our neighborhood has aged out of little kids. And the houses are far apart so we have less and less every year. So now I have a years supply of candy for my Grandkids.
    Christmas is coming... Yikes! I knew you would be on top of it.
    I love your texture that course fabric looks amazing. I love the crackle too.
    Rock on my friend and have a wonderful November. Best wishes to you always. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that photo of Owen awesome...one can't help but giggle at the fun on his face.

      I'm sorry to hear that your neighbourhood has fewer children every year (lucky grandchildren, though ;-) ). We so much enjoyed the 29 children we had here, although that, too, was a smaller number than last year.

      I'm looking forward to playing on that textural field. And who could resist cracker - ever?!

      Happy November to you as well, with many good wishes. Bless your pea-pickin' heart for stopping by so regularly! xoxox

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness you had a busy creative week. I am liking that texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a fun one, and I can hardly wait to play with that texture...who could resist?!!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...