Thursday 16 November 2023

There's been more...

 ...colour play in the studio this week.  I made some tags using some of the strips of eye-bleeding catching colour from last week


and did some more colour testing just for fun.  This is Golden Manganese blue hue open acrylic, Golden Hansa yellow fluid acrylic, and Daler Rowney Flame Red ink and I now I have another favourite combo.

Since I was just smooshing the colours with a palette knife, there was no intent to create a design, but closer inspection revealed some likely areas that would make a good abstract. 


The same type of experiment was done over a canvas that had already been splashed with magenta, Hansa and another UFO yellow (likely Quinacridone Gold).  I used Golden Turquoise, Teal and Permanent Violet Dark fluid paints, and Holbein Luminous Opera.  And I am in LOVE with the latter!!


There are some fabulous sections on this canvas,


and I can see playing a whole lot more with this combo.


I also managed to do my November art prompt (suggested by a conversation with art friends).  Using a wide range of grey-to-black alcohol markers, I covered some watercolour paper with scribbles.


The intent was to create with only black to white,


but naturally I couldn't help but add an overabundance of red which looked rather disastrous, I thought.


As always, though, I had fun with the experiment, and the addition of Posca Pen grey in selected areas created some possibilities for next time.  I love art prompts for the unexpected directions they can move one into, and this was no exception.

What have you been up to this week?  I look forward to checking out your creative meanderings.  Happy middle of November to you all!

7 comments:

  1. Win my friend, you create more masterpieces randomly in one week then ten people trying prodigiously for years. However I have one big question, what color is Holbein Luminous Opera for heavens sake. I have never heard of it.
    Wishing you every good and happy thing. Rock on maestro.
    Warm Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, dear Deann! And that Holbein Opera pink is just scrumptious - I was turned on to it by Tracy Verdugo in one of her courses, and finally gifted myself a tube for my birthday. Yay me! 🤣 I could just eat it up!. I've rarely purchased Holbein as they are not as readily available as Golden, although the quality is as high. There are sometimes when online shopping is the only way to go!! Sending happy hugs right back to you, and wishes for a fabulous Thanksgiving! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Win. You are always having such fun playing with colour, they excite the eyes and then you have the joy of seeing the shapes that suddenly appear in front of you. Love it all. Happy creating, Anbgela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela - truly colour can literally make my mouth water...so much of it looks so edible. There are days when I produce nothing in the studio but combinations of colour, and that can't be a bad thing, can it? Happy week to you, my friend!!

      Delete
  3. Another feast for the eyes with fantastic reds and that pink! I have a hand towel in that colour and it makes me smile every time I hang it in the kitchen. Of course, I love the introduction of the red into your grey piece, and don't see it as a disaster at all :) The vibrancy of the colour and the sweeping lines just shout 'life' to me. Keep playing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great how some colours just sing for our soul, isn't it? And thanks for the comment about the grey/black/white/red...it's good to know that it may be redeemable after all. 😉

      Delete
    2. Everything is redeemable!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...