Thursday 9 November 2023

Isn't playing with colour . . .

. . . just the best thing ever for an artist?  This was a test swatch (a colour comparison with photo #6 below), and I still love the way it looks.


Even the papers I used to smoosh look amazing - all three of them.


I think the hot pink is delicious,


and the way it mixes with the yellow makes a fabulous orange.


Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Those heavy body acrylics just made my day.


The next test was with high flow acrylics by Golden, and I think it would look pretty amazing on a highly textured canvas.  Once those inks start flowing they are mesmerizing - I should have taken a video.


And I've got a stack of Christmas cards ready to add the inserts so that the overseas ones can head out later this week.  Whew!  It can be done when I get the lead out of the procrastination bunny.


The 16 x 20 has had some more texture added, and I hope to start of the colour in the next week, as well as getting back to the 3' x 4'.  Here's to much more playtime to come!


Was your week as much fun?  I sure hope so, and I'm looking forward to catching up with you on your blogs!  Happy November to you all!


8 comments:

  1. I struggle getting a variety of oranges in watercolour so pleased to hear of your pink and yellow combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is Golden Hansa Yellow Light and Windsor & Newton (Galeria) Opera Rose in the heavy body combination. The high flow paints are Golden Hansa Yellow and Fluorescent Pink. While the latter doesn't wow me as much, it's still vibrant orange, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Wowzer Win,
    I don't know if my eyeballs can take all that color this early in the morning. It is glorious. Beautiful combinations and patterns.
    And you remind me I need to get busy on my Christmas greetings too. But first I have to get past Thanksgiving when I'm doing a painted elf craft with 10 grandchildren.
    Your texture is so intriguing I bet it is more so in person. can't wait to see what kind of magic you have in store for it.
    Have a wonderful creative week my friend. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for yet another screaming colour post, Deann - I just can't seem to get enough of lacerate-your-eyeballs-with-a-fork-until-they-bleed colour these days. 🤣

      I've always been glad that our Thanksgiving is two months before Christmas...I'm not sure I could handle two very large events so close to each other. Wishing you huge luck with that craft (although I know you'll be prepared to the max)...hoping you'll post some photos when you're done!!

      I've already hunted down some background paper for tags for the smaller bits of smooshing paper, so we'll see what happens there. I think Santa should employ me to help him get away from the standard green and red for Christmas, don't you. 😜

      Happy week, my friend - you so deserve it for all the light you bring to my world! xo

      Delete
  3. Now that is colour at it's best! and the texture works well too. Sometimes just playing with your stash with no plan of how you will use the finished piece can be so much more enjoyable and ends up in really special results. Have a great weekend. Hugs, angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmmmm - perhaps that is how I wound up with several reams of painted papers, then? 🤣 Truly, it's just my favourite thing to do. Wishing you a great weekend as well, Angela - may you stay warm and dry!

      Delete
  4. Wow!! Just loving both swatches, but that first one is a delight to the eyes. I often find myself using a group of primaries, and these two examples are wonderful. How did you manage to stop yourself from working through a ream of paper?!
    Thank you - a dose of colour is just what I needed this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, Tracy...who can resist that particular combination?! As for stopping, I was fortunate that I had an afternoon scheduled with Zoom meetings, or I'd have been there yet, and the studio plain paper would be no more. 🤣

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...