Thursday 30 November 2023

It's not true...

...that Covid has gone on forever, but it certainly feels that way.  My introversion has been so strong over the past three years that it took a lot of thought before I could convince myself to host an open studio for those in our neighbourhood.

With the stage set, 


the mulled cider and goodies ready to go,


the corners mostly tidied,


and the Lunacy Gown on display,


it was looking pretty spiffy.  Even the (definitely unfinished) 3' x 4' panel was on view, mostly because it's awkward to move very far.


There were signatures out for guests to peruse, 


small and large paintings to see,


and something unique in every corner.


I'd say it was a success from most viewpoints,


and it was definitely a pleasure to see so many friends and neighbours enjoy the craziness that goes on in this household.  


I have a story to share for you next week about two of the pieces because one of my neighbours strongly recommended it's one for the general public.  😉  

In the meantime, have a fabulous week, and remember that Christmas is just over three weeks away.  Yikes!!  

11 comments:

  1. Hi Win, Covid is definitely still around here but the vaccines are helping to prevent people from suffering quite so much and there aren't so many people needing to go into hospital. I do wish I lived closer to you, what a great day for your friends and neighbours to get chance to view your gorgeous art work. Thank you for your kind words over at mine. I only really started making cards so that I could do my art work and share it with others. I am hoping that your Christmas card arrives safely unlike the ATC as I have put you some little extras in the packet. Enjoy the rest of the week. Hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vaccines make a huge difference here, too, Angela, and I'm grateful beyond measure that things are lightening up.

      I, too, wish we lived closer together - we'd have a blast playing together in the studio!!

      Happy week, my friend. xo

      Delete
  2. Hi again, just seen you message about the card arriving, so pleased you like it. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to open up a wee bit here as we settle into winter, Deann, and many of our condo complex hadn't been into the studio before, even after five years in the complex.

    I'm delighted you got your card, and so quickly, too. I'm a little wary of the postal system after that first months-long fiasco! 🤣 And how synchronistic that you put your card in the mail the same day as you received mine...great minds, I'd say.

    Sending you and yours all the best of the season, Deann, and always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delight to see all of your art on display Win! From your handmade books to your paintings there was color and joy everywhere. I also enjoyed talking to John about his paintings on display. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Laura - it was great fun to have you all there. With the need to clean the studio and arrange for guests, it was also fun to see what had actually been created these last years. It got all my juices flowing again, definitely!!

      Delete
  5. So much lovely goodness, what a treat for your community. I loved seeing all your wonderful projects, and wish I could see them in person, but alas! And I'm with you on the Covid-induced (extra)introversion. It's taken ages for me to feel comfortable with larger groups of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy...it felt rather liberating after all this time!

      Perhaps your next tour could be in Canada? Specifically Creston. 😉 By the time you got moved from Australia, we'd both be back to feeling comfortable in crowds. xo

      Delete
  6. You really have been busy filling the time with your wonderful creativity, Win! It’s a feast for the eyes! 👍🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks...it's definitely a feast for the soul. Creating keeps me as sane as I'll ever get. 🤣

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...