Thursday 23 November 2023

It's been a week...

 ...all things considered.  Between beating a cold off with a stick, mind-numbing forms to complete, appointments up to the rafters and general life, it's been a challenge to get into the studio.  I did, however, manage to throw some colour in several different directions at the experimental 16 x 20 canvas.


It'll be very interesting to see where this will go!


I do love how the Golden High Flow acrylics seep into all the crevasses...it's fascinating to watch, 


and just as much fun to see the dried paint.


I moved my paint shirt to the couch where I am taunted by it daily (The Procrastination Bug has had me by the neck for months on this one).


I liked this part of the above photo so much I had to show it to you up close.


At any rate, by picking away at it a little bit each day, I've managed to fortify this shoulder


in three different directions

and get a start on the second shoulder.  Given the massive number of thread-bare parts of this shirt, I estimate it will be done sometime around December of 2039 - if it hangs together that long! 


Meanwhile, the 3' x 4' painting awaits a drastic 'something' after the latest foray - more about that next week if it's fit for show and tell.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh, it is the high flow acrylics that allow that texture to pop out. I wonder how that could translate to watercolour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reasonably certain the effect would be the same, as the acrylic textural aspects allows the flowing paint to slip away. Hmmmmmm. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Win, I'm with you about life in general right now but at least you managed some time to create. Thank you for the lovely christmas card which arrived this week, your one is on it's way so hope it arrives soon. Take care and craft on. Hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that your card arrived - that was VERY fast, and much sooner than I expected. I'll let you know when yours arrives here (never did get the ATC, darn it, so keeping fingers crossed!!) Happy arting, my friend!!

      Delete
  3. Win, you just make me smile every week. Your colors and textures are amazing. I like the crackle finish hidden amongst the woven threads and fading paint. And your shirt I love it, especially the stars. I'm headed to my closet to find something to work with. Heck I even like your thread pile. On a red couch, I thought I was the only one on the planet with a red couch...lol Anyway I wish you all the best, keep warm and take care of you. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Deann - it's definitely a mutual admiration society. 😉

      The shirt is an ongoing project, given that I've near worn the last one down to three or four threads per square inch...it is beyond time. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with for your 'shirt of many colours'!

      And of course you have a red couch. I'll just bet, too, that you, like I, are on your second-in-this-lifetime red couch. Perhaps you even had to special order them both, as did I. It's hard to imagine why everyone in the universe isn't sitting on one of them. 😂 Sending heaps of love and laughter to you as you celebrate this weekend, and week. xoxo

      Delete
  4. You definitely need to throw colour around after filling in forms, and that colour combo is POWerful. So much texture revealed by the movement of the paint. Love it.
    I also love the lengths you're going to to keep your paint shirt going :) Not sure I'd be patient enough. I'd just grab another shirt - I have enough of them with (unintentional) paint splatters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the paint throwing, especially when one would MUCH rather throw the darn forms! 🤣

      Goodness knows what will come of this experimental piece, although if nothing else, the POW will be fun!

      As for the shirt, I also have several others, some of which are much less tattered. This particular one is the right weight and style for the winter, and the colour keeps me from going off the deep end when the winter greys attack in full force. Is it worth it? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Is it fun? Definitely!!

      Delete
    2. I am so with you on needing colours to keep the greys at bay. It makes such a difference to have a pop of colour to lift the spirits.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...