Tuesday 31 March 2015

They're everywhere,

those mandalas.  When I move back into mandala mode, as I do frequently, they are everywhere I look.  I see them in nature when I'm out walking, or in quilts, on clothing, and in the studio.  The push me to make them in every form.

I draw them,


I turn wine bottle caps into them,


and do the same with beer bottle caps,


 time and again,

 over and over.

Discarded costume jewellery becomes a mandala


and so do CD's.

I've painted them, photographed them and created a colouring book dedicated to them.  And it's nearly out of stock.   I suspect that is the reason for their reappearance in my life right now.  It may be time to do a new version of that book. 

Did you know that mandala is a Sanskrit word meaning 'sacred spirit'?  Where do you see them, and what are they telling you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...