Tuesday 7 April 2015

I just can't get enough...

... of texture these days.  I'm adding stuff to mediums like stuff will disappear, never to return.  Then I glop (note the technical term there) it on so thickly that it could be eaten with a spoon, were one so inclined.

Recently, I added to this wine glass and bottle to jazz it up a bit, since I found the original rather blah. 


 I'm loving the changes that additional colour and texture bring.


When I feel like I'd like to lick the results,


I know that I'm well on my way


to having it just right.

Each part of this pair just calls to me,


and I know I'll enjoy them for a long time to come.


In my eyes it's a great improvement over the original finish,


How about you?  What's calling to you in your creative life these days?  Colour, texture, hidden meaning, push/pull?  I love how we get hooked on things and can't let go until we're 'done'. Picasso in his blue period had nothing on mixed media artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...