Thursday 28 March 2024

I suspect da Vinci has it right...

 ...when he suggested that 'Art is never finished, only abandoned.'  Goodness knows I've abandoned more paintings than I'd ever thought possible, although none are to be found in museums.  My latest 'abandoned' painting is the 3' x 4' painting that is meant for an outdoor patio wall.


This painting started back in May of 2023 and it's come a long way, and many layers since this photo:


The scripted card on the board above is the original concept for the piece.  It's a quote by Arundhati Roy:

Another world is not only possible,
She is on her way.
On a quiet day,
I can hear her breathing.

It's next to impossible to tell where one layer starts and the other ends.












With only the last spray-on protective layers and the hardware to go, I'm reasonably certain I can get it on the wall before September.  🤣  

There are still another couple of projects on the go and at least one is near-ready for abandonment - maybe next week?  In the meantime, wishing you the best creative week ever!

7 comments:

  1. I too have abandoned many a painting and continue to do so. I count it as a positive as it shows I am taking risks and trying to grow in my artwork. At least that is what I tell myself.
    Exciting your large canvas is ready for its finish coating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's better to walk away from your art work and come back to it another time. I even find projects that I can't remember starting Lol! but somtimes that's a nice surprise. I think if you are doing the protective layers it must mean that this piece will soon be complete but I'm sure you'll find something else to keep you occupied. It sure looks great to me. I would love to see it in position. Happy arty Easter. Hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely take a photo of it in situ, Angela...it's been quite the journey, and I'm looking forward to seeing it outside as the weather improves! Happy and arty Easter right back at you, my friend...may you find Easter magic wherever you turn!

      Delete
    2. Win, I hope you have a formal unveiling, I would love to see it in person.

      Delete
    3. I make sure you get an invitation, Gay, if I go that route! 😉

      Delete
  3. Oh BRAVO my friend. I knew it was going to be awesome and it is even better then I could imagine, no matter how long it took. The perfect porch picture, a giant maize of wonder to wander through with your eyes. Just fabulous.
    I wish you a very Happy Easter and all the best of Spring. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Deann. II'm delighted to be down to the final wire, and look forward to installing it sometime in the next month. Happy Easter and a glorious spring right back to you, my friend. Wishing you all the best! 💐🐣🌹🌷🪻

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...