Thursday 25 May 2023

Go big...

 ...or go home.  Or perhaps both.  In any case, I've bitten the bullet and started to add colour to the 3' x 4' panel.


As it's been a very long time since I've worked this large, it's been a challenge to wrap my head around it.  Every technique needs to be sized XXL so I'm not working a gazillion details.
 

When normally I'd be working a six inch-ish square in this technique, it was sized up closer to a foot and a half.


And while this red spiral looks monstrous to me, by the time it  has a few more layers, one would hope that it will be well integrated.


And I love it that I have some multi-coloured cheesecloth to add to my journals...doesn't this look almost edible?


Over on another table is a work in progress for granddaughter Chloe's birthday.  After mucking around for three weeks on another concept, I scrapped it and started over.  This one is going much better, thank goodness!


I'm working on a journal spread as well; I found this quote by Arundhati Roy and it smacked me like a thrown brick through a plate glass window. 

 'Another world is not only possible,
She is on her way.
On a quiet day,
I can hear her breathing.'

Isn't that the most hopeful thing imaginable?  Here's to it becoming truth, and in our time.  💗💖💓

8 comments:

  1. Those colours are lushious Win and such great texture too. I'm pleased you like the ATCs I've made because I've sent you one, a couple of weeks ago now but can't say how long it will take to get to you. Happy creating, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela...and I'm all excited to receive that ATC! I'll be examining the post box on an hourly basis until it arrives! Have a fabulous week, my far-flung friend!

      Delete
  2. After looking at your second picture I have decided that, I basically have no clue. I wouldn't know how to do that if I tried. But so far so good so keep going. Actually I really love that cheesecloth of many colors, it's lovely. You are so right the quote hits you where you live, something to ponder. I always wonder what other worlds look like. Well that's enough thinking for me today I don't want to burn up what littlie brain I have left. Hugs and best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That second photo area was generated with the plastic wrap technique. You can check out the process in the tutorials tab at the top of the blog post if you're ready to go back to 'in the flesh' work. ;-)

      And I'm with you on the cheesecloth...it's pretty yummy!!

      The quote was so striking that I got lost in it for a very long time. Like you, my imagination took me a long way, and came close to brain burn. 😉 Here's to a fabulously creative week for you, Deann, as always! xo

      Delete
  3. Just drooling over that red spiral! I love the freedom of working larger than normal. All those lovely arm movements rather than hand movements. And that cheesecloth is so yummy - can't wait to see where that ends up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy, and I'm with you on both counts. I'm considering turning that cheesecloth into a tiny vase, given the wonderfully colourful transitions. We'll see!

      Delete
  4. That red spiral might just be a perfect balance to whatever happens in the rest of the piece. It’s going to be fun to watch the transition of this very large canvas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be really interested to see what happens with it, too! Goodness knows where and how things will go when one works intuitively. The best thing about acrylics, though, is that one can always just paint over any area and carry right on!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...