Thursday 4 April 2024

I'm so behind...

...on things it just amazes me.  Where did all those organizational skills go when I need them the most?  :D  

I started an abstracted piece of this celebratory photo from many years ago.


It is definitely doing the abstract tap-dance, don't you think?


I saw a supposedly quick way to clean brayers online, which requires soaking them overnight in Murphy wood oil.  I suppose it would be quick had I stuck to the overnight, but they've been sitting there for four days now as they await the scrubbing of step 2!  I'll keep you posted on how it works.


I did a speedy start on a scribble piece, with more layers to come, of course.


And a piece that I'd abandoned a month or so ago finally got another layer.  So far, I'm underwhelmed.  🤣

There are three pieces on the sideboard that need resolving, 


and three tables that need clearing.  I want you all to send productivity prayers to my address, please!!

Or at the very least, wish me a couple of free days in the studio!  Happy week to you all.

9 comments:

  1. Win, You are amazing and I am humbled at the amount of art you accomplish compared to myself. And I don't even have to wait for paint to dry. You make me feel like a slacker...lol
    I am following your example of creating art with our old family pictures.
    The picture I did with the woman's face and the clocks, is my 4th Great Grandmother born in 1787.
    I wish you all the best, Fingers that fly over the canvas, ideas popping in your head, paint and glue that dries on que, and sparkling clean brayers. But most of all I wish you health, happiness and joy in what you are doing. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Deann, you are so kind. It's been one of those weeks, and you just healed it all!

      I love it that you were able to use your G-G-G-G-Grandmother's photo in the time piece. That is a very special work of art. 💗

      As for those wonderful wishes, I'm delighted to feel them flying towards me. You are just pure delight, my friend. xo

      Delete
  2. It's great to look back at those old photos and that looked like a very special day. Sometimes no matter how we try it's difficult to get in the mood for arty stuff. I find it's better to turn away and do something else. Try to relax and it will come back again I'm sure. Love the abstract piece very nice. Have a great weekend, hugs Angela x|Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, Angela, and to see those two women on the right celebrating life with me, makes me so happy. They are both gone now, and I'm hoping they are still celebrating where they are.

      You are right about turning away as I wait for the muse, but I MUST get to those brayers! 🤣

      Delete
  3. You always give me a laugh, Win. You achieved more artistic things than I did this week. Sending 'productivity prayers' your way, although being behind on things is a matter of perspective and depends on who set the deadlines...

    I'm intrigued to see where your photo project goes next.

    You're not the first to leave things to get clean. I'm guilty of leaving my brushes in water for days on end, but take heart, I'm sure those brayers will be sparkling when you get round to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are back in full creative production. Your studio is such you could play musical chairs all day, allowing something to dry as you go onto others. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. 'Playing musical chairs' is a great way to think about it - thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
    2. I am gathering old grands family photos as well for an yet undetermined project.Have to start somewhere.

      Delete
    3. Great idea, Gay! I'll have some photos for you when all this craziness ends...still so many to go through!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...