Thursday 14 March 2024

Time has gone flashing by...

 ...this week, and precious little has been spent playing in the studio.  I've been scanning reams of photos from decades past, learning more than I ever wanted to know about running a condo assocation (as I've taken on the presidency of same this past week), and only yesterday got a chance to throw some paint.  Given that it was Golden High Flow, though, it was satisfying to the max to see it run, pool and play on the 20 x 16 textured surface I started some weeks back.


The above photo is fun given it shows the paint before it starts drying, and that's one of my favourite parts.  I really must do a slowed-down video of the process so I can go all googly-eyed as I watch it over and over. 



And I managed to get started on a small watercolour using one of my newly-sorted vintage photos.  This one is circa 1947 or so.





You can see with the-speed-of-light-diligent work, I've managed to get it to the truly ugly stage of the process; I can only hope it improves significantly over the coming week.  🤣

How has your week gone?  I'm hoping you managed to use a great deal of your physical or digital stash creating something beautiful.  Let me know in the comments, won't you?

12 comments:

  1. I love that you share your process so intimately...my diving into digital stash this week has resulted in finding a poem fro 2020 that I got to share with a memoir group I'm part of. Editing that piece has been satisfying. With my eclectic approach to my love of all things creative, and yes your post reminds me of my stash of collage treasures awaiting some attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful that you are able to share your poetry as you dove into your digital stash. I'd just love to see some of your collage treasures, so await a post with anticipation. Thanks for stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  2. Such texture can be created with those ‘flowy’ acrylics. Texture making with watercolours is more challenging but yet you have done it in the green piece. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just loving the play with High Flow over highly textured surfaces - much easier than with watercolour alone by a long shot! 😉 I will keep up the watercolour attempts - you know how much I love experimenting!

      Delete
  3. Hi Win, so much colour and all that paint what fun you've been having. You don't say who the girls are on the photo are, I'm wondering if one of them is you. Have fun my friend but try not to get too obsessed in watching paint dry Lol! Sending hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - those girls on the grassy knoll are some friends of my mother's, taken in Calgary when she was attending 'normal school' to become a teacher. I was three years away from birth at the time, although I could wish for the lovely, sunny smiles! And yes, I'll be very mindful of watching the paint dry! :D

      Delete
  4. You are a color master Win. I LOVE YOUR OLD PHOTO. I don’t have any high Flo yet, they produce such luscious color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Gay - and you're going to love the High Flow when you get some...delicious to the max!!

      Delete
  5. Wow! That one you managed to throw some paint at this week is just stunning. The textures, the colours - yummy :)
    And you made me laugh with your comment about the 'truly ugly stage'. Over to the right I can see a tree-line emerging with the sun up above, but maybe that's just me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying all the flow on the texture...it's be interesting to see where it all ends, right?

      And yes, I'm with you on the tree line, and hope to get back to that one in the coming week...to play is divine! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Win, I know I say it over and over but I am always amazed at the beautiful colors and texture you can create. And I can't wait to see what you do with your colors and vintage photos. I know it will be something awesome.
    I want to wish you a HAPPY St. PATRICK's DAY even if you don't celebrate it in B.C.??? I owe it to my many Irish ancestors. Best wishes to you and yours. And A big Irish Hug. Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind words, as always, and Happy St. Patrick's Day right back at you, Deann. I should have known that you, too, have more than a touch of the Irish in you. My maternal grandmother (who came over with her family when she was nine years old in the late 1800's) is no doubt grinning from wherever she is. And a big Irish hug (and perhaps a salutary dram?) right back at you as well. xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...