Thursday 1 February 2024

The Muse is dragging me...

... (kicking and screaming) somewhere I never expected to go.  You all know, of course, that I am wild and crazy colour-oriented, yet this past while I find myself experimenting with shades of dull brown, beige and neutrals.  

Occasionally, I've gone this route before with mixed results.  I really like this painting from several years ago, mostly due to the gorgeous antique nails that John scrounged from an ancient board on our previous property .

We Stand Together 2015

There's a paper bag book from the Covid years that pulls me (more for the oh-my-goodness-true and silly title, I think, than the colour 🤣).

Meals I have Murdered 2020

My recent gel printing session gave me some richly coloured prints in organic colour



and I can visualize some additional embellishment coming on these.

Everywhere I look, I can see variations of brown, beige and neutral contrast, 




and I shake my head in bemusement, wondering where in heaven's name this Muse is going next.

What about you?  Where's your journey taking you these days?  I'd love to hear your creative stories in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Win, looking forward to seeing where you go with this. You've reminded me that i have a collection of rusty nails outside that I put in a plant pot years ago to let them rust and not done anything with them, we'll see. Pleased you like my efforts this week but I wondered if you recognised one of the red papers on the last piece? It was yours, you sent some to me but not sure how long ago it was, probably before Covid started. It's been difficult to let them go but that one was just perfect for this collage piece. Hope your weekend is happy and creative. Hugs Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh, unused rusty nails??? Heaven! 😉

      I went back to view that last photo of your red collage, and I did recognize it! That was quite a while ago, I agree, as I don't even remember sending it to you, although I recognize and foam plate it was created from. I do understand how some papers are just so challenging to use; I'm trying to retrain myself on that issue. :D

      Happy week, my friend and see you towards the weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Win,
    I love colors I love the way color combinations are glorious and some are blah. Personally I am drawn to warm autumn colors. Your three pictures in the middle are really appealing to me. Choosing color is one of the best things about art for me anyway. How about you do you have any particular colors that call to you.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. You are a special soul.
    Best wishes to you and John. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I with you on warm colours, Deann, so it surprises me that the neutrals are forward this week. Thank goodness one's eyes can open to something new, though. 😉

      Sending you all the best, dear friend - take care of you. 💗

      Delete
  3. The title of your paper bag book made me laugh. We all went through frustrations of different sorts at the time, didn't we? Looking forward to seeing where your 'neutral' experiments take you. Old papers with their warmer colours than stark white are always fun to play with. And I love that first one with the old nails.
    I'm enjoying using toning grey yellowish to rub over a page that I've gessoed to give it an antique look at the moment. The brighter colours are still coming in afterwards, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We most certainly all did Covid years in a unique way. 😉 I agree with you that aged papers are truly beautiful in the variety of ways they turn colour. Good idea to use that toned grey/yellow to start your journal pages - much scope for play there!

      Delete
  4. This warmed my little heart…you know how I adore neutrals…💕. Seeing them in one of your posts was a bit of a shock, loving it 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the inspiration, my friend...and why not?! You craft them so beautifullly!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...