Thursday 25 January 2024

It wasn't on purpose...

...to lazily skip a week of blogging.  It was entirely due to yet another computer operator fail when I attempted to download the latest version of Microsoft Outlook.  I managed to mess it up so badly (I thought) that I lost contacts, calendar and my carefully constructed files.  The truth was that the 'new' Outlook doesn't have those capabilities, and may not for some time.  The repair shop was badly backed up, and it took ages to sort it all out.  Microsoft is, once again, on my 'What in heaven's name were you thinking?' list.  😖

In the meantime, I hosted a Bodacious Bookmarks morning for some artist friends.  We crafted some 40+ bookmarks to gift the local library, who offers them on a donation basis to their patrons.  As you know, any money in the library coffers is a boost for education, and who could say no to that?

We had a blast, and I'd be happy to use any one of them to mark my place.  Here's are photos of the fun, and the end results!
















We've another one of these fun mornings coming up in February, so the library will score.  Incidently, so will I, as we're using up some scap papers of mine, and that means I can make some more.  That's a favourite passtime in the studio on both scores.  😉 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Win, you say the nicesty things over at mine and I thank you. Wish I could have been joining in with the collage fun. The book marks look great and I know they will be much appreciated. I'm loving the collage projects but just got a bit distracted this week but will be back on it soon. Keep up the good work. Hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun, Angela, and I always love seeing how other artists play with colour. I was practically drooling over both tables. I look forward to seeing some more collage on your page, and in the meantime, happy creating! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Win ,
    Wow, wow and wow! I never really thought of book marks as art but they are gorgeous. I especially love the black white and gold they are gorgeous. I would hang them up just like you have them framed there. And a group craft party is just the best. Have fun all you lucky ladies.
    Take care of you and keep warm. All my best wishes to you Win.
    Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those black/white/gold ones are delish, right? I could strive for years to get that lovely look, but my need for crazed colour does me in every time. 🤣 It was a lovely play time, and I'm looking forward to the next go round. Wishing you the same warmth, Deann, and some spring in the air as well. xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Win. I found my bookmarks from the session we had at the library quite a few years ago. It was such fun. Let me know when you have room for me sometime. Gay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Gay - there may be one in February, so I'll keep you posted!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely idea to support your library! I'm sure the patrons are delighted with the results.
    The library system here in South Australia is fabulous as it is all one system - if you're on holiday miles from home, you can borrow any item, and just return it to the local library when you get back. You never have to worry about not having enough to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library system is the same here, Tracy, and I just love it...I can order from dozens of far-flung British Columbian towns, and if I can't find it, the librarians can go further afield for me, bless them. Just love it all!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...