Thursday 22 February 2024

Another week...

...and more colour.  Isn't life just grand?!  I've been working sporadically since November on a 20 x 16"  experimentally textured gallery wrap canvas and it's just about as much colour as the eyes can manage.  You can see the start of it here if you'd like to check the beginning; the first photo below is the entirety -  so far.  


There are parts of it that I really love, 



and parts of it that show possibilities.  


Some areas need additional colour variation,


and others have not yet started to sing their song at all.


As always, I'm intrigued by the colour and texture, 


and so much enjoy the transitions from one area to another.


It's going to be a blast (or a fiasco) to finish, regardless. 😉

I hope your studio is filled with as much enjoyment as this one is, and you're playing with all your favourite things.   Happy, happy days ahead!  

8 comments:

  1. Sorry Win, I'm lazing here at the moment watching the snooker on TV. I know it's disgusting when I have crafting to complete and you are there busily producing such gorgeous work. It's pouring it down with rain again and it's not making me feel very industrious so I thought if I popped over to yours I might feel more like doing something! You take care and craft on my friend. Hugs Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it that you're lazing...I just saw someone writing about that this morning, indicating that the time off from arting is our way of processing all that we've been doing and seeing in order to up our game. We could really learn to love those fallow times!

      Delete
  2. I love the texture you create. And I had to laugh going picture by picture I agreed exactly with your assessment of each section. One great thing about paint if you don't like it at the end you can cover the whole thing with white gesso and start over...lol I'm hanging on for the finished picture. Wishing you all the best. Hugs Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Deann...I'm nearly as much of a texture hound as I am a colour pig. We artists are a crazy bunch, no?!!! And goodness knows, I've gone through a ton of gesso during my forays into the acrylic art world...it's a wonderful thing. 🤣 Happy week to you, my friend!!

      Delete
  3. It’s a beauty so far Win. I look forward to seeing the finished canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just loving those pops of pink, Win. And that second photo just screams landscape at me, with the sun going down on the right - a complete piece all on its own. Can't wait to see how you finish off those little bits that aren't hitting your happy spot just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the second photo...it's just one of those happy accidents! Here's to hitting all those happy spots to finish, Tracy!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...