Thursday 4 May 2023

How could one not be inspired...

 ...by spring in Creston?  The glory of Mother Nature's display dances around every corner and it's outstanding!








The Flaunting of the Flowers had me itching to work in my newly painted signature, so the Posca Pens came out and I went at it like a mad woman. 


And then these fabulous inks arrived on the patio - a gift dropped off by Laura Leeder, who, like me, is clearing unused supplies.  Do you think I can use them?  You BET I can.  Am I excited to jump in?  YES I AM!  

I sure hope that your week was filled with as much colour, beauty and delight as mine...tell me what's happening in your comments!

8 comments:

  1. You're better than me, I'm terrible as I am ages before I start using new stuff. I've decided I'm more of a collector than an actual artist but I am going back to some older stash to try and make more use of it though of course it wont stop me buying new stuff Hee! Hee! Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear that all artists are collectors at heart, although instead of dolls or matchbooks, we collect supplies that have extreme possibilities. :D

      Delete
  2. Glorious spring colours, and I'm sure you'll splash around some of your own with those inks. Funny how, when we get rid of things, new ones come to take their place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, it's the law of artists, I suspect. 'Try to clean your stash by 1% and it will immediately increase 1,000 fold.' :D

      Delete
    2. Ain't that the truth 🤣

      Delete
  3. Along with the flowers, it is the greenery on the trees that is amazing me. Surprisingly it was light shining through some chartreuse leaves next to a red yield sign (yes it was red) that took my eye yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As artists, the myriad number of colour combinations that whet our appetites is astounding. One can hardly go outdoors in any season and not be struck dumb with gorgeous colour! And a red yield sign? That's a new one on me. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Spring is late here, too, Deann, and we're all so delighted to see these signs. Likely the orchards will be late fruiting as well in response to the delayed blossoms. We're right back to wet, rainy weather, and the flood season is upon us again. May it be a very short one! Good thing I have a lot of blue ink shades to play 'water' with. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...