Thursday 18 May 2023

Well I 'kinda, sorta, maybe'...

 ...got some of my act together this week after four weeks of the world's worst cold.  I did, at least, add another few layers to the current abstract project (working title Pathway).


It's been on the table for about five weeks now, and there are somewhere in the neighbourhood of a hundred and eleventeen+ layers, some of which are pretty bland, 


and some of which are more interesting.


The intensity of this part pleases me,


and I like the subtlety of the bottom half here.


The Kroma Crackle of the second red piece on canvas finally dried, so there are layers of dark umber, black and gold added here.  I'm not wildly excited about the result so it will sit and cogitate with me until we're both satisfied with the way it stands, with or without additions.


And believe it or not, that 3' x 4' panel has finally found its new home on one of the tables.  I've just finished adding the third coat of gesso, and can finally throw some colour at it.  I'm not sure whether I'm more excited or intimidated - it's been a very long time since I worked this large.  


I hope your creativity is jumping all over the place in your corner of the world  - happy making, wherever you are!

10 comments:

  1. Win the thing I like the most about your art is when it is enlarged it feels like something I can walk through like a new fantasy world. With little paths and rooms, it's very cool. I'm sorry but I had to laugh about your Kroma crackle picture it is beautiful but it also reminds me of a herd of crocodiles headed down stream. Don't worry that's just my run away imagination. Do you have some place in mind for your big board when it's finished. I can't wait.
    Have a fabulous week my friend. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing hysterically as I imagine what you'd do to turn the Kroma Crackle piece into a herd of crocodiles. I heartily encourage you to go ahead and send me a copy of the results...I'm thinking the uproarious results would be a delight for everyone to see! :D Thanks for the kudos on the artwork - I'm loving this way of playing and although it's not what I envisioned when I started Tracy Verdugo's class, it's great fun nonetheless. And yes, the panel is meant to go in the semi-enclosed patio where we so often sit and enjoy the fabulous summer weather. When (if) done, I'll make sure I take an in-situ photo!! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Win, I have some Kroma Crackle but it's ages since I've used it./ I like it as the crackle effect is quite different from other products but it does take a while to set fully. I am very excited about that large canvas and can't wait to see what you do with it. It's funny you klnow but I have one just like it and I must have had an idea when I bought it but no idea now what it was. I'm thinking some paint pouring on it might be good. Wishing you a happy and creative weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kroma Crackle is great fun, especially for patient artists. :D I think you ought to get on that large canvas, Angela - we could play together, an ocean apart. ;-) Happy creating...xo

      Delete
    2. Mmmm.....sounds good to me just got to make some space though xXx

      Delete
    3. I'll look forward to some space-making action, Ang! xo

      Delete
  3. I did see those gold crocodiles too! It reminded me of faux leather!
    If you could instantly enlarge one of your small pieces to large, the large canvas would be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crocodiles seem to be the order of the day. :D I threw some paint at the panel this afternoon, just to get some colour on there...it's a start, even though not as instant as an enlargement! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Love all the texture and marks for the eye to feast on in your 'pathway' piece, Win. And I'm with Deann - my imagination went straight to crocodiles. It's something to do with the texture and the elongated shapes, I think :) Can't wait to see what you throw at the panel. A blank anything is just crying out for some colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm truly hoping that Deann, with her fabulous computer skills, will co-create a crocodile piece with that start. And I'm with you on that white panel - it has been begging for colour, and this afternoon's start is a fun one!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...