Thursday 30 March 2023

Having friends in the studio...

...is a great treat!  Louise Olinger is a long-time friend who was visiting in the Creston Valley this week, so we got to play together a couple of times.


She was working on a couple of bookmarks while in the studio,


and I know her little grandson, Nolan, is going to be delighted with his (on the left).  Wonder who's going to be the recipient of the one on the right - Louise was keeping pretty mum about that!


Meantime, one of my 'red' canvasses was sporting a thick layer of Kroma Crackle - it's going to take another couple of weeks to dry so I can add some more colour (because it's obviously much too quiet right now).


I had a blast taking this screeching collaged piece a step or six further, and can hardly wait to see where it goes from here.


Another piece got some more layers as well, including some alcohol ink pens that bled, and bled and bled. Goodness knows whether it's salvageable.  Lesson learned (perhaps, although I know I've done this before.  Mom always used to say that 'repetition aids comprehension', although in my case, I'm not sure that's the case).


And last week's 'dog's breakfast' is turning into a garden, so that should be interesting as it runs for the finish line.  Goodness knows where or when that may be.


Here's to making the world a more colourful place, bit by bit!

10 comments:

  1. Louise looks like such a nice friend she has one of those lovely friend faces.
    For as long as I have been doing art I find it interesting that you work with things I have never heard of like alcohol ink pens and Kroma crackle. Your art is so unique and special and so very different from my own. Isn't it just a marvel and wonderful how each one of us expresses ourselves in such very different ways. Rock on my friend and very best wishes to you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louise is a stalwart and caring friend, Deann. With some decades of closeness (I worked for her in her framing shop for some years in Canmore, as well as lived across the back alley) it's always a treat to see her again. We can pick up right where we left off - laughing all the way.

      I agree that our art is very different. John and I were talking about the way creatives work this morning, and we're of the opinion that is exactly what is so wonderful about art. One can take disparate techniques, ideas, concepts and tools are create new and wonderful things endlessly. I feel fortunate, both to be immersed in the visual arts and to have friends like you and Louise to inspire me on the journey. Sending huge hugs, my friend!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work by you both. You are so lucky to have a crafty friend. I know I have some Kroma crackle somewhere and used to love it but it takes such a long time to set so tend to go with something else. I am so impressed with your patience but it's worthwhile as your work is brilliant. Have a lovely creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela - I do agree about Kroma Crackle. I only use it when I have 10+ paintings on the go (and it's hidden away to dry in seclusion ) as it takes such an age. I am definitely lacking in Kroma-drying patience. 🤣

      Delete
  3. Such a variety of techniques in your artwork this week. Your head must be exploding with ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true that the more one creates, the faster the ideas come, right? Certainly true in this studio!

      Delete
  4. You certainly add more colour to the world, Win. Love that red with crackle. Who could resist that? And that garden is coming along beautifully - a real splash of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for that red done, Tracy, assuming the crackle ever dries. :D I know that you're moving towards your winter, but the thought of summer coming here is really exciting!

      Delete
  5. How wonderful that Louise could join you this week in your studio! I see greats things in each of your pieces and have no doubt they will all be masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun, Laura -playing like mad women! :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...