Thursday 6 April 2023

Where did it go?

This week, I mean.  I know it had the same number of days in it that every other week has held, but it went gangbusters, and I feel like little was accomplished in the studio.

I know I compulsively watched the Kroma Crackle dry on the first background, eyes crossed and patience waning.  It's taking a very long time.


I added some crackle (a new one I'm testing) to the second companion background, and can already see that it will dry much more quickly.  

I suspect that by tomorrow, I'll be layering again like a painter gone mad.


I've added more layers in the upper left quadrant of the 'garden', and will work some more this coming week to create additional floral forms.


And I did take time out on Monday to do the April prompt.  The technique I drew was 'scribble', and that's exactly what I did.  Utilizing a background, I scribbled like mad and then added glazes of colour to the segregated areas.  It was a LOT of mindless fun and a great way to practice some painterly strokes.


How about you - did your week go as quickly?  What did you get up to?  Please feel free to add a link in your comments!  In the meantime, I'm wishing you a lovely springtime Easter.  May yours be filled with family, friends, renewed light, and a good deal of decadent chocolate!  

10 comments:

  1. All the crackle products behave and look different when dry. I like the effect of the Kroma but it does take a while to set properly. I can see that you are finding other pieces to keep you busy while you wait. Hope your Easter is a happy one, ours will probably be fairly quiet. We are going to see mum on Sunday to take her and her new friends some Easter eggs but our friends have gone away for a few days so otherwise it should be quiet but hoping to get into some crafting, dog walking and if the weather is okay some gardening too hopefully. Take care and happy Easter, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've now tried nearly every crackle on the market, Angela. The faster ones make me happy for speed, but Kroma is so lovely for the crackle. Will I ever get patient? Maybe not. :D

      Hope your Easter weekend was awesome and that your mom enjoyed her eggs! Hugs, Win

      Delete
  2. Hi Win, just saw your message about ATC swap, I'll keep one for you when they're finished. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fabulous, Angela - many thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Every little helps, even when we feel like we haven't achieved much. It's all progress! I look forward to seeing how that new crackle medium works for you. I'm guessing if it dries more quickly it will become your favourite ;)
    This week has been a whirlwind of preparing services for me - Thursday, and Friday now out of the way, and three on Sunday to go, starting at 6am. Busiest weekend in the church calendar. I'm surprised I managed to fling any paint around at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right Tracy; every little bit is progress. It's a good thing to remember when my ADD impatience slaps me around. :D

      I can well imagine that you've been under the gun this week - flinging paint would have been pretty far down on your agenda. May your Easter have been filled with glorious joy!

      Delete
  4. I can hardly wait for your crackle to dry just to see what you do next.
    I love the scribbles pictures, so many wonderful little details, beautiful work. Best wishes to you and your family for a Happy Easter. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, am curious about where these crackle pieces will go...sometimes the muse takes side trips to Playtown, and sometimes she's quite serious! ;-) Happy Easter to you and yours, Deann - may it bring you much joy!

      Delete
  5. I am loving those red pieces! The pattern and that crackle...delicious! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Laura - red IS best, isn't it? :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...