Thursday 16 March 2023

Practice, practice...

...and more practice.  I'm still on a huge learning curve, and this week I've been painting with eye droppers and dried vegetation.  The former is with inks, and frustrating enough. 





The latter is so beyond frustrating (it's supposed to be with freshly picked flora and fauna which is hard to find in our late-winter landscape, so dried was the closest substitute) that I deleted the only photo.  I'll continue this one with other techniques until Mother Nature cooperates, with thanks! 

I consoled myself with tearing the edges of the book-in-progress which was most satisfying.


I auditioned some beads without success, and need to hunt down my jewelry findings in order to put together some more options.



After reviewing last week's test run, I added yet another layer of (darker) grey, and still feel like it could go darker yet.


I worked on a graffiti piece and have to tell you that the scribbling part was great fun, so much so that I think I'll try it with some ink and eye dropper.  😉


Meanwhile, the pile of in-progress pieces grows by leaps and bounds, and my studio cries out for a tidying.  Will it get done this week?  Doubtful!

10 comments:

  1. Such a great variety of mark making through these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that's a least one savings grace. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Win, I'm loving the experimental pieces. I do think playing like this brings out some lovely surprises. I've been having a play in one of my journals but still not sure if I like it after adding two coats of paint, first dark then light. I think if you want the images to stand out more you do need to go with a darker grey but it's cerftainly coming on. You mentioned about my cards in your comment to me, I have boxes of cards, hundreds of cards really. I don't sell any but I do give them to family and friends, it's my way of sharing my art work and using the Mastertboards. I'm saying nothing about the need for a tidy up, it's just crazy here. Take care and have a lovely creative week. Hugsx, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for the play, Angela, and hope your journal play continues. I am agog at the number of cards you have and continue to make...may you continue on forever, as they are pure delight! xo

      Delete
  3. Oh, that frustration of painting with things that don't cooperate! You just have to let go of an idea of what it will look like and get on with making marks, don't you? Not always so easy, though. Have fun with your eye-dropper scribbling. I look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Tracy - whenever I take a course I go into with the knowledge that the learning curve will be huge, and nothing may work. It's all just a question of playing with supplies and growing into them!

      Delete
  4. You are busy! So fun to see... don't clean up your studio till I get a chance to see what's in it! spring come soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I promise to save all the pieces - some of them will go nowhere anyway, I suspect. :D

      Delete
  5. Oh my dear I wish you lived next door I have about two and a half pounds of beautiful glass beads, I would run them right over. I'm wonder if the holes would be large enough though. Love your books and you scratchy art. and I agree that darkening last weeks piece is better, it make the shapes look like they are floating in the background. Anyway lovely work as always. Best wishes to you and big hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a giggle here, Deann...this morning I just had a stash exchange with two artist friends, and scored a ton of beads (and the findings, especially awesome as I couldn't seem to find my own). I'll have another go at that piece and darken it some more...it makes a positive difference every time, until it won't. 😀 Sending big hugs and much appreciation, my friend...xoxox

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...