Thursday 30 May 2019

Frustrated?

Not me - HA! I've been without a computer for the better part of a week, as I transition to a new laptop.  While I have the new one home now, it's not working properly (or is that me?) and goes back into the shop tomorrow. 

In the meantime, I got playing in one of my journals; here's a spread that was finished recently (the start is here).





As I was browsing I became mesmerized by the patterns created as I brayered off paint from gel printing - it's how many of my backgrounds get started.  They range from very ripply (some of the pages have been thoroughly crumpled to add textural interest)...


 to striated,

to those that have picked up texture from the overleaf (this one shows a pattern of a swizzle stick on the reverse).


 The colour range is fascinating,


 and range from the very thick (that must have been SOME gel print!),


 to the lightly patterned.  (I suspect there is a stencil overprint on this one).


I was glad to note that there is a wide range of colours for my background - that means that
I'm not going to bore myself.


I can see that I will need to do some investigation regarding photo editing programs, as the Windows10 photo editor is nowhere near the one I used previously.  And I most certainly will find something - just as soon as I get my computer back and my brain unfried.

In the meantime, I hope you've all had a creative week that didn't include computer issues (unless you really love them, of course).  See you next week, and do catch me up on your doings in the studio! 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Win, at least you had time to play though computers do my head in at times. I tend to use Picasa mostly for photo editing and love playing with it. Hope the lap top gets sorted soon. Happy creative weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's always an upside, Angela - thanks for the reminder. ;-) I'll check Picasa out, with thanks for that as well!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work Win, I adore your textures and random patterns so extraordinary and work so well with (my artwork) other elements, of which you are also a master at coming up with.
    This week I am doing Photoshop makeovers on vintage family photos to add to my histories. It is amazing what you can do with Photoshop.
    Have a great start to June and keep on braying. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope we'll see some of those vintage photo makeovers on your blog, Deann - I always love how you manage those luscious layers on Photoshop!

      Delete
  3. I love those serendipitous patterns that appear when you inadvertently - or not! - brayer/print/paint over something left on your workbench or the previous page. I like those ice-cream colours in your spread, too.

    Hopefully you'll have that new laptop trained soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy, and I'm with you on the laptop training....here's hoping! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh - this is so utterly beautiful made - with all the softness and great patterns -- simply gorgeous!
    Sorry for the technical problems - hope all runs in a propper way for you soon dear Win!

    Happy weekend, Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susi - and I'm expecting all the tech stuff will just magically clear up! ;-)

      Delete
  5. So beautiful what is left behind,right? My favorite is the trailing heart...
    much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO with you on that one, Jackie - I think I'm going to need to work the spread around it! xo

      Delete
  6. One good thing about computer issues is that it gives you more time to create! The pastel colours are somewhat unusual for you but loving the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth, Zsuzsa - just got the computer back (again) and working through all the issues. I'll be delighted to get things back working properly - on the computer and in the studio. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Really pretty and soft textures here! I love a good brayer with leftover paint myself. Really cool how the punchinella mimics the butterfly. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Sal - isn't punchinella just the best? I wear mine to bits! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...