Friday 9 May 2014

Winding up...

...or is that Wingding up?  As the playshop season draws near to an end (only the Gelli plate one in June here in Creston at the college), I've had a bit more time to work on the studio.

Part of the clean-up for tomorrow's art tour (part of the Bird Festival here in town) has involved some actual painting time.  My goal for the week was to finish all 22 paintings and five altered books on the go...can you hear me laughing like a loon?

I did manage to finish some paintings, including 'Point, Counterpoint' which was started waaaaaaay back in February while on a visit with the Marshall's in Claresholm.  You can see Alice's post here about this start and others.

The Tic Tac Toe series of nine paintings (see previous post) also qualifies, I think, even though they're pretty tiny.

Another completion was 'The Space Between', an abstract representing all the things around us that are felt, but not visible.  Alice commented that this was full of eyes, masks and smiles, and I have to agree.  Don't you sometimes feel that we're being watched, applauded and encouraged by a bevy of unidentified strangers?


The studio is not only looking very tidy, it obviously will need some more starts to  get back into the frenzy it was a couple of weeks ago.  I think I can easily get a start on that this Sunday...snicker, snicker.

If you're out and about in Creston today, pop over to the college at 1:30 or 2:30 to see some Gelli play. You'll then be in the perfect place to register for the June playshop!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...