Thursday 17 October 2024

When the darkness descends,

and the Muse is argumentative, it's obviously time to obey her.  This in-progress painting is getting darker and darker (reminds me of  2024 generally).  Last week it went from mostly red to very colourful.


This week it went crazy with additions until the colour changes were enough to make the eyes bleed.


Parts of it had me so happy with the range of colours,


and shapes,

and textures.  I can hardly imagine where it's heading from that high contrast Wild and Dark photo at the top.


I did manage to get some pony beads for and on the mini fabric-painted  journal.  I've added a pencil to show scale as sometimes those who see my completed book projects are shocked by the size, very much larger or smaller than they expected from the photos.


I'm not sure what will go in this travel journal, so we'll wait with bated breath on that, shall we?


And just in case you were concerned I was lazing about this week, I did, finally, get started on my Christmas cards.  About time, right???!!!

How's your week gone?  I'm just going to pop over to see when I finish my coffee!  

4 comments:

  1. Those three close ups are most intriguing. They remind me of my dye work that is over-dyed one or two times more. Our processes create a depth that you wouldn’t get with directly painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Eileen - when I think about the 30+ layers in the last large painting I did, it becomes a blur about the how-I-ever-got-there, knowing it's not something that could be duplicated by anyone, including me. 🤔😉

      Delete
  2. Oh là là! It's a festival of colours, shapes and textures! A real feast for the eyes! Everything exudes the joy and deliciousness of life. A real delight! Every visit to your home reconciles you with existence, dear friend. Even if the painting has become much darker, the eye is drawn first to the silhouette, whose colours explode and radiate.
    I also really like the little notebook, and you were right to put a pencil next to it, I imagined it to be much bigger. Go and find out why... And finally, I realise that your workshop, on the other hand, I imagined it to be smaller, but in fact it's big, so you're lucky!
    Enjoy it and keep on making us enjoy it! What happiness!
    Big THANKS for sharing.
    ( Thank you too for your kind and intelligent comments during your visit :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Sim - your comments are always so welcome and insightful.

      I'm smiling at the pencil and studio comment - makes me think of the Doctor Who - it's bigger on the inside. ;-)

      Sending hugs, and much colour your way (not that you need it, since your work is always luscious with it!).

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...