Thursday 29 June 2023

Somehow this past week...

...has flown by, as our guests departed and the sunshine flew in.  The tomatoes are starting to ripen


and the hanging baskets are in their glory.



The studio tables are covered with yet another array of works in progress (while the 3 x 4 waits for another coat).






There's a gesso party in progress at one end, and believe me, it's the most boring party I've ever attended - no music, no dancing and definitely no wine.  What's with that?!


I sure hope that your creative life is going gangbusters and that your summer (or winter if you're on the opposite end of the planet) is filled with sunny delight!

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just wait all year for your home grown tomatoes. Mine are in the same stage as yours and I can almost taste them. Wonderful flowers, are those Petunias? The red ones are amazing I don't think I've seen any as dark in the center as those, gorgeous.
    And as always the artwork goes on, I am amazed, and never bored even with gesso parties. Have a great week. my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the tomatoes...they are truly heavenly.

      The flowers are a type of Calibrachoa , rather than petunias and the colour is outstanding, I agree.

      You have a much better tolerance for boredom than do I, Deann. 🤣 I keep gesso parties at arm's length until I have nothing to paint. Happy week to you, as well - sending hugs!!

      Delete
  2. Those hanging baskets really are glorious. Love the colour combo. And the yellow splash on the canvas is a wow. Can't wait to see what joins it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, aren't they, Tracy...this particular flower is a favourite of both John and mine, and each year there seem to be new combos of it at the greenhouse.

      I'm not sure where that canvas is going, but it's already making me happy. :D

      Delete
  3. Lucky you, our tomatoes are still green even though it's been so warm. Stay cool my friend and happy crafting. Hugs. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The start of tomato season is just fabulous, and many of our local farmers plant only heritage varieties. It's exciting to taste the variety from the market, as well as John's own special favourites!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...