Thursday 15 June 2023

And the beat goes on...

...with some more layers added to the large panel.  By the weekend things were getting pretty dense.


And the layers were starting to thicken in some areas.


By now the initial quote is starting to disappear.


The edges are getting just as colourful as the front of the panel, and those hand-cut stencils are looking pretty yummy, too.


I've got a massive pile of stencils from which to choose,


and I'm interested to see which ones are calling to me now.


There's a definite organic feel arising.


And another quote from Ram Dass - Be Here Now - has been added to the mix.


I have a sense now of where this panel may be going, but sometimes the muse can play tricks, so we'll just wait and see, shall we?!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Win, I have loved seeing this come together and I think you're doing it the right way adding to it a bit at a time. So often I watch people on YouTube for instance put a project together in what feels like minutes and it just feels so unreal. When I work on a project it's the process that I enjoy, watching it come to life, standing back and getting a feel for it and sometimes just leaving it for a week and starting something else which is probably why my desk is usually such a mess Lol! Thank you so much for your kind words over at mine too and wishing you a very happy and creative week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Angela, and that is why I, too, have so many projects on the go. While sometimes it can make my head spin, it's often the best way for me to really allow the process to happen!

      Delete
  2. You have a lot of hand-cut stencils! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And somehow, the pile of them keeps growing. And they so often become rich with colour I'm tempted to add them to paintings or journals as they all. Colour piggery abounds! :D

      Delete
  3. It is really fun watching this piece come together. Seeing all the different choices you make to turn it into something wonderful. Every section of it is a masterpiece in it's self. Simply beautiful as always.
    Best wishes and hugs from here my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun project, Deann, and the best part is that with acrylics I can just paint over the things I'm not so fond of. Sending you a ton of good things in your life and maximum hugs, my friend. xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...