Thursday 26 January 2023

It's so hard to stop...

 ...playing with colour.  I picked up a new Flame Red ink this week to use for the Abstract Mojo class I'm taking, and, of course, had to play with it a bit  a lot to see who it's best friends were going to be.

I've long been a fan of Manganese Blue and Hansa Yellow together, given that they make the most luscious green.  Turns out the addition of the Flame Red was a happy one, and I can see the three of them happily running off to the playground together pretty much every day for the next while.


The depth of the indigo instead of manganese made me think of the playground bully.  A little goes a long, long way.  😉


I tried several combinations of Teal, turquoise, the red ink and  hansa yellow, and found them somewhat subdued for my liking.  It's clear I have a preference for very noisy play indeed.



Surprisingly, I had a good deal of fun with the smooshing of leftover paints, finding one or two interesting compositions and combinations with my handy-dandy view finder.


I did manage to get one lesson done in the Abstract Mojo course - an interesting one painting emotions (quickly or slowly/deliberately) to music.  I did the frenzied style, and plan on doing the latter  another time.  It was an interesting exercise, as I found myself using colours and tones not normally in my painting vocabulary.


As always when painting, I found myself using leftovers for continued work on tags, and that's a good thing in my world.

Hope you've had a mouth-watering and colourful week.  Do please let me know in the comments what you've been up to!

10 comments:

  1. You've certainly been giving those colours a work-out, Win. I'm off to the art supply shop today to see if there's a new colour to tempt me. There's a little bit of space in my paint drawer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I spewed out my coffee with that one, Tracy - having a little bit of room in the paint drawer is just an open invitation!! Hope you found something absolutely delicious!! xo

      Delete
    2. Well, I filled the gap. I know, that comes as a huge surprise :) Alizarin crimson, with its lovely deep red that mixes well with cream to make a great pink that's not too 'sweet'.

      Delete
    3. Oooooh, I can hardly wait to see what you do with that, Tracy. It's a great pair with Sap Green, too and plays with a lot more besides!

      Delete
  2. Hi Win, you've been having a great colourful time and I really look forward to seeing your work develop with the Abstract Mojo class. Thank you so much for all the kind comments over at mine, you've made my Birthday week even better. I am really hoping to keep going with the journal pages but I still have this crazy little voice in my head that tells me it's no good if it's not perfect which slows down the free flow of ideas and restricts creativity and I'm fighting against it all the time. Hope the rest of your week is full of creativity. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could shut that little voice up for good?!!! We are our own worst critics, aren't we? Damn the torpedos - full speed ahead, I say! xo

      Delete
  3. This week we have been helping our son and his family get moved into their new house. It's a beautiful house, but I have been spoiled having them in walking distance from me so I'd see my grand kids often, now they are about 5 miles away.
    I'm glad we have artistic activities that we enjoy so much it just makes life worthwhile to sit down and create something.
    Have a wonderful week making your beautiful art. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a tough one, Deann, seeing your son move a bit further away. It'll take some clear intention so see those grandkids often; I know, however, that you will manage. Lovely that they have a new home, though, and that will make it fun to visit. It's true that our creativity gives us the outlet we need to enrich our lives - nearly just as important as family in my books. Here's to a fabulous week for you, adjustments and all. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love Tracy's art too - she always makes it look so easy, but I know it's not! Every time I try to follow her process, I end up with something completely different LOL! Not that it matters - it's all about the play, isn't it?! You've created some wonderful little abstracts, Win! Thanks so much for your visit earlier. Keep playing! xx zsuzsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the play, isn't it, Zsuzsa? And Tracy knows how to do that to the max, so her courses make me a happy camper to join in!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...