Thursday 2 February 2023

My paint shirt...

 ...blew another gasket this week, on the left elbow this time.


I am not a fast mender by any means and with embroidery involved, it'll be a while before I can wear this again.


I was amused to see that the tear area hit some of the same colour tones as did the abstract piece I'm working on right now, and with the same feeling of delight - HA!  Never mind, by the time it's mended it will be a lot more colourful.


Learning new methods is a true challenge, and my painting skills are beyond rusty and well into the realm of 'What-in Heaven's-Name-is-She-Doing?'.  I'd love to be channeling dear Alice Saltiel these days, whose facility with a paint brush knew no bounds.

As it is, I'm finding bits and pieces of this painting that have potential down the road.




Notes to self while brushing up on painting skills:
  • it may help to use open acrylics for their longer drying time
  • wet, sloppy washes to start are great fun
  • no matter what, it's all play, AND
  • I can always paint over it all.  😉
Hope you've had a playful week, with a good mix of exciting exploration and that feeling of being extraordinarily capable.  Catch me up in your comments!

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic abstract piece. Interesting and my eye travels all through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks...I can certainly see some possibilities and, of course, I've always enjoyed working with symbols. There are at least two lessons in this course that deal with them, and that'll be a blast!

      Delete
  2. Win you wild and crazy wonderful woman, you have done it again created something beautiful out of practically nothing.
    I on the other hand, have to keep my playful under control. When I let my imagination lose there's no telling what will happen. Why just this week I made a killer snowflake...lol
    Best wishes and hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief - I can hardly wait to see your killer snowflake. You must have been reading a ton of murder mysteries, or the winter climate is really getting to you. 🤣 You always make my day, Deann. xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Win, accidents happen and it's annoying but you'll fix it I'm sure. Loving the design you've created and hope you enjoy playing with the techniques. Happy creative weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a blast with the techniques, Angela. Of course, I had to get over that frizen in fear stage, hence the notes at the end. :D

      Delete
  4. I so agree with your 'notes to self'. That last one is the one I always keep in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last one is a permanent mantra, Tracy...thank heavens for quick-drying acrylics!

      Delete
  5. Loving all the layers!
    Gloria R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria - it was a ton of fun, and I've already started one on the opposite side of the colour wheel, even before I've finished this one. Heaven help me - another addiction! :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...