Thursday 24 November 2022

While artists seldom retire...

 ...there comes a time when their paint shirts are not fit for polite company.  This past week, I had to let my old one go, it being so threadbare that it could no longer protect my clothing.  The 'new' shirt was one I started on just before Covid hit, so had not yet finished the job.



While I had already started to mend some of the holes,


from this photo you can see that substantial repair needs to be done yet.  


It seems that everywhere I look there's another area waiting for a patch.


And of course, what you see it not necessarily what you get, given my penchant for outlining, over-printing and other mixed media shenanigans.


It certainly is a much stronger look than the washed-a-thousand-times old paint shirt.  I'm not even sure I can upcycle this in any way.  Unless...well, that's for another go round, I'd say!


Happy creative week to all of you, and my your own paint shirts carry you to glory!  

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic. You are soooooo creative. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks...I just love it that there are so many ways to play in the studio. Creativity (and books) saved my sanity during the worst of Covid!

      Delete
  2. It's glorious! Who wouldn't want to put it on and 'add' to it as you go along? I have a couple of chef jackets that I picked up brand new for a dollar each, but in the summer it's too hot for that so I also have a (growing) number of 'painty shirts' where I've worn a T-shirt and oh so carefully managed to get a dab or two of paint on them somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the growing number of accidently-painted shirts, so I'm working on making a habit of putting my paint shirt over the railing at the top of the stairs. That way I will (supposedly) remember to put it on at the beginning of the day, and before heading into the studio. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Winny, loving the painted shirt it's a great piece. Gorgeous colours. Just wearing it must must put you in the mood for more art work when you wear it. I have plenty of paint on my craft apron but it's not so artistic. Have a great week of creativity. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm smart, I'll just keep adding layers so it doesn't get so thin and washed out as did my last one. Of course, then it might weigh a painty ton. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Upcycling at its best. You might need more than one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're certainly entertaining to do, so perhaps this won't be the last!

      Delete
  5. I love those they are fabulous, the stars and patterns are wonderful, I want to run and make myself several. You are so awesome thank you for being my friend. Take care of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Deann - high praise from someone as prolific and outstandingly creative! I'll be watching for your first paint shirt! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Fab shirt ! I should really cover up too. I never do and have lots of tops with paint and ink on! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm too parsimonious the allow myself paint-smeared 'good' clothes, I find myself turning them into art pieces instead. The best, however, are my husband's well-worn white work shirts...so much scope there!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...