Thursday 1 December 2022

Yikes...

...the snow has hit.  That's not such a bad thing, though, as it means more time in the studio, right?  Since the Christmas cards are ready for the mail, I've had time to work on the perforated-paper mini books.


There's something that really appeals to me about those raggedy-edge papers (I alternated them vertically so that both the tops and bottoms would ruffle).


The range of colour from yellow-green to ultramarine, makes me happy, too.


And the alcohol-ink stained (and formerly white) wallpaper is truly mouthwatering.


I can see there will be a couple more of these created, given that I have some more perforated pages.


I can't guarantee that the colour range will remain the same, though.  With all this snow,


it feels like some heat may be required!


Here's to more studio play, because these need to be put into something, right?  They are too small (2 7/8" W x 2 5/8" H) for my fumbling fingers to create cases for, so I suspect envelopes will be the next thing on my list.    Happy creating to you, whatever you're making!  

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving these Win and great choice of colours too. Happy creating, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela, and have a fabulously creative week!

      Delete
  2. I just love all that yummy texture from the wallpaper and, like you, I alternate any ragged edges of paper to get that yumminess all round. There's something so pleasing about the softness of an imperfect or deckle edge.
    Stay warm in your studio, Win! We are just starting to get a little warmth after a very wet, cool spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My esthetic sense is a long way from the perfection I was after in my twenties, Tracy - the more organic, the better! Glad to hear that your summer is on the way. Wear some of that heat for me, will you?!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. The covers look like leather. And they are so rich with colour. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they just?! I love that alcohol-splashed textured wallpaper and could use it over and over again.

      Delete
  4. I just received your super-card and I thank you from the bottom of my heart! A ray of sunshine in a grey, cold and busy day... Thank you thank you! These notebooks are simply awesome! And I'm sure you'll find plenty of wonders to craft. In any case, have a good creative time in your workshop sheltered from the weather and a very nice holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it arrived, Sim, and that it brightened your day! And it's a wonderful thing to play in the studio when the weather outside is a wee bit frightful...thanks for the good wishes there. May your holiday season be the best!

      Delete
  5. Your books are so cute Win, I didn't realize they were so small until you mentioned the dimensions. The covers almost look like alligator skin, really pretty. What do you use you books for? If it were me I'd be writing little poems or quotes in them. Best wishes and hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These ones are particularly mini, Deann - most of them are larger, but I just couldn't resist using the perforated tag-ends! I had originally intended to use these for quotes, but they are now destined as gifts, so it will be interesting to see what becomes of them. ;-) Big hugs your way, my friend...xo

      Delete
  6. Super textures on these, Win, and somehow they remind me of alligators? The green one, most definitely! Am I the first one to say that LOL? Wishing you a lovely December and a very Merry Christmas! Thanks so much for your visit earlier! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone in being reminded of alligator skin, Zsuzsa! See Deann's comment above! December and holiday wishes back to you, my friend, and a wonderful creative month! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...