Thursday 3 November 2022

Halloween has come...

 ...and gone, and we had a grand total of 45 ghosts/ghouls/beasties and all sorts.  It was great fun, and we were delighted that the rain held off for the evening.  We were all prepped with a front porch display and a bowl of candy for our guests.


I did manage to clear off one of the studio tables, so John and I had a good deal of fun playing with a heat gun and wax crayons.



I do so like to see a man at work.  😉


And he wasn't the only one getting into the drip mode by a long shot.


Of course, the cards are continuing in progress as well, and with any luck I'll have the ones going out of the country done by mid-November so they'll have some hope of getting there before the new year.  While looking somewhat uninspiring with just the first layer completed, there is hope!


Hope your week was as much fun as ours, and that you're still enjoying the beautiful fall colours (we're hit the monsoon season here, and the rain is starting to turn to snow, so that's pretty much it for our fall, I'd say).  Happy November to you all.

8 comments:

  1. Those drips! So colourful and textural. I have to admit that I don't send Christmas cards anymore. I'm busy making origami angels for our Christmas installation instead. I have a couple of hundred so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can well imagine that should you start sending Christmas cards again, you'd find yourself in big trouble, Tracy. Between the two continents where you've lived and your online friends, it would be a nightmare, and no doubt well more than the origami angel quantities you're doing for the installation (hope you've got a post coming up on that!). Happy November, and here's to completed angels!!

      Delete
  2. You know I adore your wonderful, colorful drippy pumpkins. they are so beautiful everyone different everyone lovely. It looks like even John was enjoying this fun craft. Best wishes and prayers are coming your way my friend. And hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of those pumpkins as well, and it's a good thing that it was John going to the market to get them. I'd have bankrupted us just for the fun of playing! 🤣 We had a great time and are already anticipating the same next year. And right back at you with the best wishes and prayers - something we can all use. xo

      Delete
  3. Now that's one of the best things I've seen done with crayons and loving the effect. Sounds like you had a great Halloween. People are decorating their gardens more here, we didn't have any visiting witches or ghosts but we were prepared just in case so Des will have to eat the jellie sweets which I'm sure he'll not mind. I believe the schools have been telling the children that they should only visit houses with a pumpkin by the door as in the past they were upsetting some of the older people by knocking on their doors. Christmas cards looking good too. I have been finishing off some projects as you know but my desk is covered in Christmas stuff right now so I'm hoping to get my head round it very soon. Take care lovely Winny. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Angela, this is perhaps the fourth year we've done this and it just gets to be more fun every time. We like the variety of pumpkins (and squashes) available at the farmer's markets here, and could go on forever! I'm sure that Des will manage with the unexpected candy bonus, as did we. 😎 Happy card-making, Angela, along with a massively creative November. xo

      Delete
  4. Love to see the photos of John decorating pumpkins in your studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a fun time, and we're already thinking about next year.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...