Thursday 10 November 2022

It's true that...

 ...I'm 'supposed' to be working on Christmas cards, but I couldn't help throwing some paint on a journal this week.  I suspect there will be another yoga-themed spread happening on this oh-so-subdued background.  😎 


And of course once I got into the paint, I came across some saved bits of stark white paper from a different project.


I could hardly leave them sitting there so boringly neutral, could I?  I threw them into four tubs of water stained with Golden high flow paints and the next day they were halfway (faintly coloured), so I switched ends and put them into different colours.  When they came out sopping wet, they were somewhat less uninspiring, so I dropped some more high flow randomly onto the papers.

The result was great fun, and now I have some interesting papers to turn into a mini book.  I suspect the size of these sheets (they'll be about 2 1/4" x 2 1/2" when folded) will be just about the right size to hold a word or two.


High flow paints fascinate me with the way they move on wet surfaces.  I'm just loving the results.









Of course, I did manage some work on the Christmas cards, as well, and really hope to finish them this week, as I know the out-of-country ones need to head out soon.

I'm hoping your week was colourful as well, and that your world is also dripping with creative juices.   

8 comments:

  1. Hee! Hee! that sounds just like me, it's a wonder we ever get a project finished when we get distracted so easily. Still, everything's looking good and loving the cards. Our brains must be starting to smoke with all that going on Lol. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jumping from one thing to another is just a way to engage my creative mind, I think. If I attempt to spend too long on any one project, the mind goes into a dead zone, and there's unlikely to be a recovery. 😄 Happy creating, and good luck on your cards!

      Delete
  2. Babe, you have more cool techniques then anybody I have ever seen. Can't wait to see what you do with these teasers.
    I have been plenty busy but all I have to show for it is piles of junk going to the garbage and Good Will...lol
    Take care of you and keep warm, winter has arrived. Best wishes and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the number of techniques, Deann...it was always a challenge to decide which ones to throw at students! 😉 Golden has just come out with a new series of 30 high flow colours, and I most certainly know what my Christmas present to myself is going to be! Meanwhile, I'll be able to play endlessly with what I have.

      I know just where you're at the with junk/Good Will. It's a challenging thing to clear space; may you find some joy in the process, dear one. Sending warm hugs for winter, and some preliminary wishes for a terrific Thanksgiving. xo

      Delete
  3. Just grabbed by that opening 'pop' of colour! And I'm with you on being fascinated by the way colours move and flow into each other on wet surfaces. Endlessly entertaining :) As is watching the paint flow off a brush into clean water, but of course my mug of water doesn't stay clean for long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that would get you, Tracy. 😁 And sometimes I get so wrapped up in watching colour play, that absolutely nothings gets done. Truly, sometimes it's a challenge to keep that water 'clean' for a moment, never mind for a painting session. Here's to endless colour play, my friend. 😄😎😉

      Delete
  4. Those perforated pieces of paper looks fabulous. It will be great to incorporate them into your work. Also love the cards ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie, it's fun to be working with the perforated papers, and the cards are nearly in the mail...well, getting there at least. :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...