Thursday 5 May 2022

Phew!!

 I think the curtains are finally done (for now). I checked the start date on these and found that April 2019 was the kick-off.  Really????  Could it truly have taken 3 years for this project?  That's abnormal even for me (I say, tongue in cheek, given that I've got paintings in the studio that were started 10 years ago and are still on the go 🤣).


It's been challenging to get a photo of them in situ, given that they are primarily see-through.


These colours are closer than the others,


and the turquoise is closer to true.


Of course that wasn't the whole of this week, as I've started a few 'something new' pieces as well.  I photocopied a zen mandala that I'd done some years ago onto a gel print that was less than a favourite. I sprayed it with some workable fixative, twice, and starting in the top left corner, you can just see some black and white additions to the pattern.
 

This one is going to take a while to complete, given that I'll need to go over all the initial mandala design in several different thicknesses of black pen, as well as add some Inktense pencil work and put that white gel pen to use.


I've also got a bit of a handle on the birthday painting for our granddaughter, so that's in progress on the bottom of the photo.  The heart journal is still on the go, as you can see from the right hand area, and I've got another journal idea for the use of the 2021 word of the year oddments.

I love it that the ideas are never-ending, even when I wind up working in a 12" square piece of the table.  The creative life is such a gift, right?!  What are you up to these days - feel free to add a link in your comments below.  

Happy creative week, my friends, and here's to many more!

12 comments:

  1. Wow Wee! gorgeous curtains Win! I remember you starting these but had no idea it was so long ago but it doesn't matter, the journey is just as much fun as the arrival but I can well imagine that you must be feeling good now they are finished, they are so special. The new project looks interesting too. Sending you the biggest hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela - I'm pleased to be done them and working very hard not to think about the next dryer sheet project. Please do NOT let me start on one for at least three years. 🤣

      Delete
  2. Those curtains look great, Win! It doesn't matter how long they take to complete when they look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy, it's a great feeling do have them installed. Of course, I'll be looking at them for a while to see if they are truly 'done'! 😉

      Delete
  3. They look so beautiful. I remember you telling me about this. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! It feels just great to have finished them!

      Delete
  4. Wow! the magnificent curtain! Well done my friend, it was worth the time, wasn't it? In my humble opinion, you should wait a while before studying them to be sure that they are finished. Hahaha! Just enough time to take advantage of the installation to savor this moment... As you say, it's just great to have them finished!
    The mandala seems to want to be reborn, like the phoenix, and I'm sure it will be a rebirth for hours and hours of fulfillment.
    I send you my loving thoughts and kisses across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Sim, and you can bet I'll wait a while (maybe three years or more 😂 before doing anything more to those curtains.

      Here's to the Phoenix Mandala - it's coming along nicely and I may even do another one. It's been a long time since I've been in this minute detail more.

      Happy week, my wonderful friend! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love the curtains. Well done, even if you started them years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allie - I sure love how they look in the ensuite!

      Delete
  6. Hooray!! You finished your curtains and they are fabulous. Perfect because they are concealing and still let in the light. Beautiful work my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Deann - I'm delighted to be finished, and ready to move on to something new and different! :D

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...