Thursday 28 April 2022

Where did that week go?

I was certain I'd have a host of projects finished this week and yet, here it is Thursday, and I'm wondering what I did this week.

I managed to finish the cover for the Japanese Stab Binding book, and that was great fun.  My usual boisterous colour preference came bounding out of the closet (in there for a time out due to misbehavior), and splashed all over the thing. 

I took the whip to it (the colour preference, that is) and managed to complete a journal page in the large journal.  It's a wee bit quieter.  We're still awaiting our normal spring or what passes for normal this decade.  Spring warms up our surroundings for a day or two, then retreats like a shy kitten sending us lashes of rain and wind, repeating the process again and again.  By the time we get a real spring, it'll be squished up tight into fall at this rate.

I completed some tags from oddments that were drifting into the 'too-long-on-the-table' phase, and they're tucked away neatly in the tag box now, bless them.  They'll head off to some unsuspecting recipient sometime in the next few months.




I did manage to work in the heart journal this week, starting four or five pages that are now looking for additional embellishment.  I managed to make and send a couple of birthday cards (sorry, no photos) and did several hours on the 'Why is that not done yet?' curtains.  Good grief, when I have a crazy idea it just keeps on giving, and giving, and giving.

I reorganized my shelving for the book-making section, and can see that the bottom two shelves (not shown) that are hosting office supplies will need to be cleared out in the near future.  The shelving unit is filling at a great rate.


I hope that you were not only productive this week, but that you enjoyed the process as much as I have done.  Happy creating, my friends.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Winny, you're right I don't know where this week has gone either but looking forward to Saturday as it's Craft and Chat day again. Been to the dentist today (just a check up), hairdressers tomorrow (it keeps growing!) so still loads to do. I think your choice of colour brightens up any day! Loving the tags and everything looks great on the shelf too. I have had another tidy up in the cabin to try and give more stash a place to live as I really want to try and keep the place tidy ....well give myself some desk space actually! Have alovely creative weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you have Saturday craft day to look forward to, even if its arrival means the week is nearly over again. I'm having a (little) grin at your attempt to tidy, knowing how well that works for me. I still seem to find myself working in a 5" square area - every time, and I suspect that holds true for you as well. 😄 Happy creative week, Angela! Sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you books all displayed in one area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it's rather gratifying to see them there, knowing that twice that many have gone out into the world. Progress!

      Delete
  4. Red is my favourite colour and combining it with black and yellow is just great. Love it. And your 'trophy cabinet' of books is wonderful. You must be so proud of them all.
    Our container will finally be delivered on Tuesday so you can bet that fairly soon there will be new posts on my blog (at last). A quarter of a year out of a suitcase is quite enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, am drawn to red like a starving woman to a banquet. It's hard to resist at any time. I am beyond excited to hear that I can finally look forward to seeing some posts from you, hoping that you'll also share photos of a bit of your area. Australia is SO different to either Britain or Canada! Sending hugs...

      Delete
  5. Haha! Dear friend, you feel like you haven't done anything but you have still created so many works, as beautiful and spiritual as usual. I believe it's just this distortion of time that the further we go through life, the faster time flies. Sometimes it makes me dizzy... The colours of the Japanese case explode but the following pages soothe (We have exactly the same spring as you here, really weird...), I really like the design of the flowers ; very well done! The tags are also beautiful, cheerful and original. And finally, I believe that this magnificent shelf will eventually be full to bursting. Haha! It represents the evolution of your work in time and space. In any case, your studio must be very beautiful! Have a great weekend and keep loving what you do (to our delight). Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO true about time, Sim...between the aging process and the crazy Covid world we live in, it's hard to get any kind of a grip on the whole concept of time! Strange that spring is the same in our two countries - Mother Nature is still not happy with what we're doing to the planet, I expect. Thank you, as always, for such fulsome compliments on my word - it's always lovely to have you visit here! Sending massive hugs, my friend...xoxo

      Delete
  6. Well you are a complete success on your stab book cover, it is awesome and bold like the name. Your slow week would be mass production for anyone else..lol. I especially love the shelves, all your creations look so wonderful displayed together like that.
    Sounds like we are having the same Spring...I feel like a wack-a-mole...warm, cold, warm, cold, geez. I don't dare plant anything.
    I am busy making my grandkids Birthday cards every year I find the funniest picture I can of each of them and make them each a personal card. I always write Happy Birthday to my favorite on each one.
    Hope you have what's left of a warm Spring. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deann - I'm partial to that case for the stab binding book, loving the high contrast and pow colour. Apparently I'm not meant to be the subtle type. And it seems that spring is the same all over - may we have some now please??!! That's a great idea for the birthday cards and I love it that you make each of them the favourite. 🤣 Happy week, my oh-so-creative friend. xo

      Delete
  7. Time flies ! Love your cover with those gutsy colours! The tags are fab too. Have a great new week ! COrrie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie - apparently I'm never going to give up the bright, bold and brilliant colours. They just make me very happy! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...