Thursday 19 May 2022

By now you might suspect...

 ...that I'm a bit of a colour pig.  One of my favourite things to do is splash three or four colours on the page, smoosh them with a palette knife and see how they play together.  And it's the lazy woman's way to create tag backgrounds too.

This combination of Red/orange Quinacridone (Liquitex), Turquoise, Quinacridone Red, and Hansa Yellow (all by Golden) just made me so happy I was giggling with the drool-worthiness.







No matter where I looked, it was all just luscious - pink, red, green, purple, black and the potential for wonderful greys.

Which meant, of course, that I have the colour combination for yet another in the Arcturus series.  Can't you just see each of those moons in one of the gorgeous shades above?


It's a much better combination than the first one I auditioned - I'm so all about the wild and crazy intensity of high-key hues.


And what a fun thing to do while waiting (and waiting and waiting) for the slipcase glue layers to dry.  Ditto goes for the painting for Chloe, also in progress and drying under those well-used art books.

I'm looking forward to seeing your colour this week - feel free to post links in your comments!  

12 comments:

  1. Hi Winny, I so love to see you play. Your style is so different from mine, it's so free and unrestricted. I find it difficult to let myself go like this, wish I could. I think I spend to much time working stuff out in my head. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me smile, Angela; your every work of art is exquisite to the max, and I'm so often wishing I had your patience and forethought! 😍

      Delete
    2. I think I'm like that because I spent so much time planning lessons for children and you had to ensure good results so I would run the idea through my head so many times and now I still do it and can't stop! xXx

      Delete
    3. It's funny how the years before can relate to the here and now, right? Little wonder you can't stop all the planning given your background. The huge plus is that it makes your work so, so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. If you're talking wild and crazy you are talking to the right girl I have been "Wild & Crazy" all my life. I love your inventive and unique way of doing things. You are an inspiration my dear...rock on. I, on the other hand am doing my wild thing in the garden these days. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely kindred spirits, Deann (apart from the gardening which I've always left to John). Your love of colour and texture and fabulous ability to layer them holds me in awe - wild and crazy to the max! xo

      Delete
  3. LOVE THEM!!!! I can feel the joy in all the swishing and smooshing. And of course those gorgeous reds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to beat a good red, isn't it Tracy? My mom used to tear her hair out trying to get me to wear anything else. 😉 And it plays so well with so many of the other colours. Yummmmmmmmmmm

      Delete
  4. Dear Win, you are undeniably a visual artist and an abstract painter. It's obvious that you have fun manipulating these colored materials and I'm sure that your drool-worthiness adds light and material to your works! Haha!
    All this reminds me of my years studying Fine Arts, but I don't remember having had as much fun as you. I'm more of a designer, you see, even if I don't draw much anymore (it was my job for so many years...).
    I really like moons and I find them very poetic.
    Keep enjoying yourself my friend, it's so important in this increasingly harsh world. I send you my sweetest thoughts and thank you again for your comments so intelligent and generous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Sim - glad you found a way to comment here. I've advised Blogger of the issue, but they have, apparently not fixed it yet. I took some courses at ACAD (Alberta College of Art), but the learning opportunities didn't always out outrun the staidness. Apparently I'm not the 'do it by the rules' type. 🤣 As always, thank you for stopping by to say hello, and for your extraordinary posts. You and your work make my heart happy!

      Delete
  5. That little bit of turquoise is delightful in those red, yellow and black mixes. I find myself imagining what I see in each one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really give a lot of impact for a little colour, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...