Thursday 12 May 2022

Hearts are everywhere...

 ...in this journal.  Now complete with 62 spreads, it measures 6" high x 4 5/8" wide x 2" deep.  I know this because I've already got a slip case in mind, and needed to ensure I had sufficient Typar-covered cardstock to build it.



As always, I got carried away with the additions, and it's much deeper than I expected it to be.

I also finished the zen mandala this week - it made a wonderful change while I waited for the heart spreads to glue-set, and I love the depth that's been achieved by working back into the mandala with Inktense pencils, black pens and a white Gelly Roll pen.






I don't want you to think that I've been lolly-gagging since finishing the curtains...I've started on a painting for a treasured granddaughter, who will turn 2 years old next month.  That should keep me out of trouble for a bit before I get started on that slip case cover for the Take Heart journal.


Somehow, the creative list gets longer every day, and isn't that the way it should be?!  We do live the best life.  🤩

10 comments:

  1. WOW, love your journal. So creative, detailed, colourful, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Allie - I'm amazed at all the heart quotes I found on the net, and many more that I didn't use due to space. There are some real beauties in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new journal looks very impressive, do you have any particular plans for it? We would be more worried if we didn't have any creative plans though it does happen. Take care and happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No plans for the journal at all, Angela - I merely have the need to follow the Muse as she leads me merrily down the garden path. 😀 The original intent was to try a new book form, and now there's yet another, and another, and... xo

      Delete
  4. What gorgeous detail in that mandala - love that you gave us a close-up photo to show it all off properly. And 62 spreads on hearts is amazing :) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy, on both counts. I enjoyed the mandala play enough that I have another one to test. It's a wonderful change of pace from painting or book-making. Happy week to you, my friend! xo

      Delete
  5. The sewing of that many pieces of paper takes a lot of skill and strength! The Mandela looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks - more than anything, that hand stitching takes patience, which is, perhaps, why it took me so long, given that I'm patience-impaired! 😂

      Delete
  6. You are amazing my dear, you create more beautiful things, more ways, with more mediums then I could ever imagine. A standing ovation from here, and best wishes for a wonderful week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Deann...sometimes I think that I'm ADHD, given that I find it hard to stick to one area of art. 'Jack of all trades and master of none' comes to mind. 😉 Thanks so much for standing 'o' regardless. It's wonderful to be appreciated. Fabulous week to you, too, dear friend! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...