Thursday 21 April 2022

With the Easter weekend...

 ...come and gone, it's back to the quiet studio life.  That doesn't mean it's not been a happening place in there, though.  I had the cutest 5 year old grandniece visiting and playing in the studio.  (The other grandchildren are too young yet to venture in there without the supervision of a whole tribe. 😀)


In her mind, we had waaaaay too little time to play there, but that leaves room for a return trip, right?


Esmae spent time playing with colour, frottage, and all sorts of tools and techniques, and she made a fabulous birthday card for her second cousin, to boot.  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of that since she had it signed, sealed and delivered before I could turn around.  That girl is FAST!.


Esmae borrowed her small cousin's Easter ears, and I think she looks great in them!


She entertained us with so many shenanigans, including an upside down love fest with her dog, Banksy.


I did manage to get started on the cover for the Japanese stab binding book (yet to be named).

I'm loving that black-gessoed paper piece in front, which started out this uninspiring peach.


I got started on the cover of the black and white journal, going with the most unconventional reversal of covers, since I've got a most unconventional idea for a case.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.


Please let me know all your Easter doings in the comments...I hope you were enjoying the lifting of restrictions in your area, and that you, too, had visitors from far-flung places.  

8 comments:

  1. You must always 'leave them wanting more' that was my phylosophy when teaching and save something a little special just before the bell goes Lol! Esmae is a real sweety and Banksy too, so he's the secret artist! Fingers crossed for the journal cover. Pleased you had a good Easter though we didn't do much but have plans for when everyone else is back at school and work. Restrictions have been lifted here in the UK but the Covid numbers have gone up again so we have to be careful for my mum's sake. Take care my crafty friend and have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on 'leave them wanting more' - it works for adults, too. 😀

      And Banksy is definitely a secret artist - I didn't actually see him do anything in the studio but run around, yet still there were signs everywhere that he'd been and done.

      I'm sorry to hear that the numbers are going up again in Britain - this pandemic is like the proverbial winter cold, coming back again and again. I know you'll keep your mum safe, and wish you a speedy return to 'normal' there.

      Happy week, my friend, and post-Easter joy to boot! xo

      Delete
  2. Oh, how lovely to have a playmate in the studio. And I see she has your eye for colour, too :)
    Restrictions are lifting a little here as well. Masks are no longer mandatory, but with hubby having an underlying condition, best friend immunocompromised, and dealing with elderly and vulnerable people on a regular basis, they are still very much in use in our household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was terrific, Tracy - Esmae is an art sprite to the max! And you're quite correct about her eye for colour.

      I'm sorry to hear that you are still needing to wear masks (as do we when outside in 'the world'); I suspect it's pretty much full time given your position in the community. May this darn thing end, and end soon! xo

      Delete
  3. Esmae is a very pretty fairy who seems very wise!
    (Even if not Banksy :)
    The box of the Japanese book and the cover of the black book seem to evolve into a perfectly adapted and successful creation.
    I love the Japanese characters and the red heart!
    Thank you for your always generous comments my friend.
    I love you too.
    A hug flies to you across land and ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sim, and I definitely agree with you on both counts about Esmae. It was a delight to play with her! I expect great things from her as she grows - artistically, athletically, and extrovertedly! 😄

      Here's to ongoing creativity and the joy of cross-oceanic contact. Sending 💖!

      Delete
  4. Aren't kids just a hoot, I just love working with them, especially grandkids.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and your Stab Book (sounds very violent to me) lol. The cover is fabulous and I have great faith in your creative abilities to create the perfect case.
    My Easter is a very long, happy, hilarious and sorry tale. But a good time was had by all, which in the end is the only thing that counts.
    Keep stabbing along and have a fun and happy week my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids are a riot - sometimes literally - and grandparenting is absolutely the best job ever!

      I'm sending massive wishes that the sorry tale part of Easter was very light, so that the long, happy and hilarious part outweighed it immeasurably!

      Meanwhile, I stab and case away, and see your glorious works next week - sending massive hugs, my friend!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...