Thursday 31 March 2022

Getting down to the final pages...

...in a journal is always such a fabulous feeling.  That's especially so when it's taken the better part of two and a half years to finish one (and that's by no means the longest one of mine, either).

This past week I finished the last spreads in the black and white journal and there's only the cover embellishments to complete.  I'm using the term 'finished' loosely here as we all know a journal is never really done - the possibilities for additions are legion.





With some 80+ spreads, it's just chock-a-block full, since I don't seem to know when to stop.  This book is NOT going to close up neatly.



Because the book will no longer close, even with that highly    s  t  r  e  t  c  h  a  b  l  e    elastic meant to keep a sketch book tidy, I suspect you already know the elastic will have to be snipped, right?

And because it's not going to close, I'm considering adding the 'linked' text that will tie the front to the back on the 'incorrect covers' so it will actually read from the 'normal' left to right.  Which would be just about wacky enough to once gain earn my nickname Wingding, won't it?

Here's your chance to weigh in on the issue.  On the front cover would normally be the text 'Just a reminder....' with the back page showing '....that at the end, there is only love.'  What's your thought?  Proceed as normal, knowing it will read backwards, or go with the reversal?  Enquiring minds..... ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜€

8 comments:

  1. Well done Win, bet that's a great feeling when you've completed a journal but can't imagine when that will ever happen here Lol! Happy creating, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela - I can say that it's a rarity in this studio, too. Truly, one should drink a whole bottle of champagne to celebrate! ๐Ÿคฃ

      Delete
  2. Loving those reminders to 'wonder', 'listen', 'support others' and 'keep fit'. A good list to keep to hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Tracy, and with all these spreads of things to remember, I should become a saint in no time, right? ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

      Delete
  3. This book is such a marvel (I love this black book since its beginning; but, I wonder if we already knew each other when you started it) even impossible to close. But I'm sure you'll find a solution! A solution that will serve you in the future. A button system around which you wrap the string that holds it closed? Or perhaps a clip that looks like a schoolbag buckle? Ah, you have to be ingenious in addition to being talented! What an adventure. Certainly you never get bored, ever.
    I didn't really understand the questioning about the cover (I'm not good enough in English :), but I trust you completely when it comes to making beautiful creations my friend. I hope you have a wonderful spring. Here we have a freezing cold spell and all the trees already in bloom are freezing, will there be fruit this year? Mystery...
    Continue to enchant us and have a good time Win! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Sim - I just love working with white/grey/colour on black. It has such great POW! impact. I love your ideas for closures, and may need to steal one of them.

      I have been mentally banging my head for a possible case for it and am considering one that is reminiscent of a roll top desk...could I pull it off? Maybe. Maybe not. ๐Ÿ˜ If I go with that, I won't need a closure as it would lie on it's back like a beached whale, in which case I'll go with the reversed texts. Little wonder you didn't understand what I meant - I tried to explain it to myself and had me in hysterics.

      Our spring is warm and moist, with no killing freezes so far. I hope that your cold spell did not kill all the fruit and blossoms...fingers crossed. Sending hugs, Win xox

      Delete
  4. Once again you have boggled my poor little pea brain. I am not really sure I understand what you are telling me in your last two paragraphs. But I think it would be good to have the cover normal. I would consider the words on the back page to read...that IN the end there is only love. Only you know what's inside the book and the message you want to leave. I trust your all wise judgment, because heck I couldn't even start to make one of those books. Whatever you decide...BRAVO it is fabulous. Have a wonderful week and take care of you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a good giggle with this one, Deann...I knew those last two paragraphs would throw a spanner in the works. And thanks for catching the typo in the sentiment...it's a darn good thing I've people who watch out for my errors!

    Thanks for the kudos on the book; it's been a fun one to do, and I think I'd like to do another (much shorter!!) one that will actually close. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Time will tell, given that this one may actually get a box/cover first!

    Happy week, my friend - stay safe and spring warm! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...