Thursday 10 March 2022

Experimentation...

...is the name of the game this week, as I play with small abstract pieces.  These two are 5" square, and I'm amused at my colour palette on the first.  Since I'd never willingly make mud when painting, I did it intentionally in the background just to see where I might go with it.  It was great fun.


This was fun as well - I love cheesecloth backgrounds and hadn't used one in a while.  My working space is so messy and crowded that I brushed some paint lid glom to one side.  It hit a pile of paint scraps, grabbing on for dear life.  Refusing to let go, it grew wings and became a bird.  Artist lives are so strange, right?


This next one, 7" x 5", nearly knocked my socks off into the stratosphere when it was done.  Going a little overboard on the pow colour, I'd say.  🤣


Meanwhile the dryer sheet curtains are getting some contrasting colour - finally!


A shot of the back of the curtains shows how much these circles are necessary to tie this all together.  The thin sheets of unpainted dryer sheets need to be tied to the painted ones, and for 'strength', they're all going in different directions (or perhaps that's just my spatial dyslexia going on there 😁).  


I've also been making skins to test for the second star book slip cover,


and continuing heartful play.

All in all, it's been a fun week here, made even more delightful due to the glorious sunshine and blue skies.  I hope your week has been the same on all three counts.  

10 comments:

  1. There you go messing with my mind again. You and all your circles, wild colors, crazy squiggles, lines, blobs and wavy things not to forget your circumspect squares. My poor simple brain over heats at all your beautiful work. But hearts, now that I can understand, especially if they are gold.
    Best wishes and hugs to you as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm messing with my mind, too, Deann. 😄 I just can't seem to settle to any one thing, so must put on the experimenter's hat every so often. Hearts, however, are here to stay! Sending big hugs your way, my friend! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Winie, I love your accidental bird it's a real sweetie just like you. Love the colours on the 7" x 5" too. I often find that just playing (experimenting as you put it Lol!) is often the way to fabulous results that you would never have imagined. Sometimes we just think too much. Have a great week, hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela - funny how those little accidents happen! I love the experimental aspect of mixed media, and never more so when I go against the grain! Down with thinking - I'm with you on that!

      Delete
  3. Like you I tend to avoid using brown, but occasionally it really works, like in that first piece. And of course you made up for the brown in the red and purple explosion! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy - it's just waaaay too much fun to do something totally different, isn't it? It gets the critic out of the way when we expect to fail. 😅

      Delete
  4. you are a master at the cheese cloth texturing. I have not found it easy to do. I do love the soft mauve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another thing to add to our next play date, Eileen - it's a favourite, certainly!

      Delete
  5. Well yes, experimentation is this thing that seems impossible to complete one day, even if it is gratifying to have completed some works that seem gratifying to us... Experimentation is this eternal part, in a way, which allows, at the same time, to satisfy an inexhaustible curiosity, not to see the time pass, outside the world, and to nourish the soul. I'd say that's something you've mastered, if I may say so. Your various projects, whether abstract or concrete, are always filled with colours, joy and creative energy. I salute your talent, your vitality and your generosity in sharing. Have a great week and take good care of yourself my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bang on, Sim - without experimentation there would be no 'Starry Night' by van Gogh or Dali masterpieces. And the joy of creation fills my days, so many thanks for your kind comments. xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...