Thursday 24 February 2022

It's sure ugly in here...

 ...and this time (not always 🤣), it's intentional.


This journal page in my largest journal evolved as I was dealing with the frustration of ongoing plague pandemic restrictions.


The pile of window envelopes was growing apace, hiding the lovely yellow/orange file cabinet top.  It was time to make use of them.  

The layering of envelopes left some intriguing spaces showing from the background, and it reminded me of how so much of our lives has been covered and unavailable in the past two years, with just bits and pieces peeking through.


Here in western Canada it feels as though the sunlight may start showing through.  I hope it's the same for you.


Elsewhere in the creative life, the dryer sheet curtains are coming along, and I'm now anticipating the addition of colours other than blue or green.  That's going to be a great change.


The papers for the second star book are painted and chopped, the beads for the back end are chosen, and assembly can commence.  Enter the band, 'cause the parade's about to start.


I was dumbfounded to find the perfect book I needed in the local library.  I can use both the cover 


and the inside of the written-completely-in-Chinese text (and the illustrations) for the embellishments I need.  Of course, now I want to know what it all means!


I hope your week has been as fruitful (although not necessarily as ugly) as has mine.  May there be sunlight streaming through your windows and restrictions lifting safely left, right and centre.  

10 comments:

  1. The patterns on those envelopes is so good, not surprised you're collecting them. The trouble is I do this all the time and stuff keeps piling up however I have been using resin to create ring holders and coasters and realised all those bits of old jewelry, buttons, dried flowers that I've had for years are just perfect for these projects so clearing out a few things. Stay warm and have a great week working on your curtains and star book. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used those envelopes before, turning them into landscapes and other collaged paintings, but they've been stacking up for a while. Time to get creative, I say! Use it or lose it!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that journal page speaks volumes! For me the red on the left is like flames, reminding us of when normal life was burned to the ground. Glad to hear the sun is starting to shine through again. It's been a long time.
    Love the blue of your curtains, too. Can't wait to see the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that made me laugh, Tracy - you're absolutely right about the flames burning normality to the ground! We've got our fingers crossed here and happy hexes abound!

      I hope you're settling in over there in summer-hot Auz! Sending you happy thoughts for your art supply container to arrive! xxoo

      Delete
  3. Oh lalala, I wonder if this black scribble represents the evolution of the pandemic over the past two years... In which case it's normal that you find it it ugly my friend.
    The close-ups are magical in textures and colours.
    You have the sense of the composition of the shooting in the details.
    And the papers prepared for the second star-book are downright magnificent! Really!
    Here too we are beginning to hope to get out of this interminable virus experiment. (But serious 'things' -Armenia, Ukraine...- are happening right now in Europe that the media don't talk about, and that's really scary.)
    Congratulations once again to you and your creative and infallible energy that I admire so much.
    Have good time, have fun.
    Let's keep this return of the sun in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by with your comments, my friend, and you're bang on about the pandemic evolution and the scribbles of black. And since this page started, the added conflict between countries on your side of the world gives another layer of ugliness to our earth.

      May the sun shine, in every sense of the word, on this beautiful planet, and may love rule its inhabitants forever. xo

      Delete
  4. Your artwork is never ugly ! The pandemic however is/was. Luckily most of the restrictions have been lifted here from today so life can resume. Keep on crafting my friend ! Love the Chinese book! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Corrie. And I'm glad to hear that restrictions are mostly lifted in your area; may health and safety make your life glow! xo

      Delete
  5. Love your Pandemic Pandemonium pictures (they are NOT ugly) they are so unique and cool. Only you would think to use the inside of envelopes...genius. You are so lucky to come across that perfect book, it will make many wonderful projects, It fell into the right hands for sure, now it will have a beautiful second life as art.
    I am with you about this plague. We haven't been to a restaurant or a movie for two years, no friends over. I go to the store with my mask on and come home, that's my thrill for the week...lol Take care of you, and have fun with your Chinese calligraphy. Virtual Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Deann - you are very kind. I do find that journal spread loosened some of that angst, at least until the Russian/Ukrainian conflict started. Now I may need to do another thirty ugly spreads. 😥

      Like you, our last two years have been sparse indeed, with only the occasional family visit to brighten our days, along with the occasional pick-up restaurant meal (goodness, I am tired of my own cooking to the MAX!). My weekly masked grocery shop has me dancing in the aisles just for the opportunity to say hello to someone new (even if I can't always recognize the check-out personnel due to their masks).

      We've isolated, dodged the variants, taken great care, and now we're hoping to bask in the sun this summer...may it be the same for you, my dear friend!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...