Thursday 7 October 2021

Books, booklets, mini books...

...are so much fun to create and this one was a gift for a very special person and occasion.  Allie has been a friend for so long I'm wondering how it's possible that some 35+ years can go by that quickly.  She's celebrating her 80th birthday on October 11 this year and shhhhhhhhh - don't tell anybody but she opened her gift from me a tad early.


I did manage to take some photos before assembly - a rarity when it comes to my art-addled brain.











Allie kindly took a photo of the booket in situ, including the case (which I neglected to photograph).  And don't you love people who gift bottles of wine for birthdays?  I certainly do!  😄
 

It was so much fun to pillage her Facebook photos for portraits to illustrate her powerful attributes, and even more so to reflect upon the loving friendship that has spanned decades.

As always, Allie, thank you for the friendship over the years; you are one of my rocks.  xo 

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to honour a friendship. Friends like that are so precious and it's good to remind them of your time together and how much you appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delight from start to finish, Tracy. Friendships like these are so valuable, and I'm in total agreement about celebrating them!

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely little journal and I bet it was much appreciated. It's more than a bit scary really wondering where the years go but it's so nice to look back and enjoy those friendships that last. Have a lovely week. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela, and I'm in total agreement about friendship. It's why I value all my friends, you included! Happy week to the max, and Happy Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  3. What a treasure this book is. The narrow tall shape is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen - I was definitely drawn to the shape when considering the book template - I love that it can hang as well as sit!

      Delete
  4. A lovely gift - I can appreciate how much thought and love went into it and the cover is scrumptious! I've just found out that it was Thanksgiving in Canada a couple of days ago! I didn't even know that was a thing in Canada LOL! So, happy belated Thanksgiving, Win! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zsuzsa - she was certainly delighted with it. And thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes...it was a fabulous time this past weekend! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...