Thursday 30 April 2020

Arting...

...in the time of Covid is certainly a new experience for those of us who are creatives.  Between the isolation, fear and obsession with the news, it seems like the muse can be a long way away.

I have been sporadically using the studio in an attempt to get my art brain on, and, quite frankly, it has been elusive at best.  

I've managed to do some card-making,


make a couple of no-sew masks (one's in the wash so you'll need to wait on a photo of that one),


experiment on some canvas pad paper with texture and colour


in a couple of different modes,


do some gel printing using the bottom of a plastic clam shell for some cool patterning,


finish a mini thank-you booklet for a friend who did a solid favour when we got back from Mexico, (there are more of these in the works, too)


and do another spread in my black and white journal.


Texture is heavily thickly richly on my mind these days as we begin to move toward being in a world that has changed considerably.


Like you, I wonder what that will look like, how it will feel, what new patterns will develop.  Are we moving towards something bigger, better, brighter, inclusive, kinder, loving?  May our new-world texture include all of these, and more.

I'd love to hear your thoughts - please tell me in your comments what your practice includes right now, whether your muse is running strong or running ragged, and what you hope for in the time to come.

8 comments:

  1. Loving those bright colours. I find myself using bright colours, too (not that it's unusual!) but am surprised that my pages aren't darker in these darker times. Maybe the colour is a way to uplift the soul. It certainly feels that way to me, and your colourful creations have lifted me, Win. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Tracy, that colour is a way to uplift the soul when times are challenging. Goodness knows my love of bright, intense colour has ramped up substantially these last few weeks (I think it's starting to frighten John :D ). Here's to happier days to come!

      Delete
  2. Well, your muse is still alive and kicking dear Winn.
    Mine is here and away, and here and away again...
    I believe yours is here, and here, and here again! :D
    Your new artwork is wonderful, clever and sensitive, I do love it.
    These textures are fabulous!

    The world will not change so much, me think; for sure, we can wish for more love and sharing...
    As everyday for anybody...

    I'm just sending you the 'Window' image (with better res.) by e-mail.
    Stay safe my friend, and thanks a lot for your so sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Sim, and for the fabulous photos via email as well. I'm so hoping that your muse comes back and stays, for your artwork is such a breath of delightfully fresh air. Sending wishes for your safety, comfort, and speedy return to social and physical hugs, my friend. xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Win, it's a strange thing but somehow when we have time to craft Mr Mojo just leaves home. I'm very impressed with the art work you've done and the variety is amazing. I would like to thank you for the lovely message you left me. It's a sad time but we are grateful for the long life my father had and the fact that he didn't suffer. Take care my friend and keep crafting. Biggest hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt we work better under deadline pressure, Ang, and that's certainly not happening right now. Massive hugs as you hunt your Mr. Mojo down - thinking of you and sending happy thoughts to you and your mom. xo

      Delete
  4. Your artwork is so varied and beautiful, that face mask is the prettiest one I've see, and I love the canvas pad paper it's gorgeous.

    For better or worse I can always be happy playing my music and working on art and reading. I find peace when I create pictures that either make light of the situation or give comfort. I also work out for an hour every day which helps me feel good too.
    Thank you for always having a positive word or thought and beautiful art...take care of you.

    love and virtual hugs,
    Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kudos, Deann...it's a fabulous thing that we can create through this crazy time, isn't it? I love hearing that you're doing all the things I love to do. Music, art, reading and exercise are the things that help me get through the social distancing.

      For those of you who don't know Deann's artwork, check out The Stardust Factory on the right-hand sidebar - you'll find humour and light by the bucketloads!

      Much love and many hugs right back at you, Deann - you're a light in my tunnel! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...