Thursday 2 April 2020

An 80-spread journal, ...

...even one as small as 6" x 4", is an undertaking.  I've been playing in a black one since early fall, and I am still only about a quarter of the way through.  The journal is intended as a reminder of the things I've learned over the years.

I started by stenciling each of the spreads with a white pattern, and then adding to it little by little.  Some of the patterns are so beautiful they may stay the way they are without any additions, rather like a time-out for children.  😇.


I've chosen some spreads to share that seem particularly apt for these times that are so fraught with uncertainty.  It seems very important to me right now to spread the love.


Having been quarantined, and now released into the wild, I can safely say that remaining connected with Mother Nature is hugely important.


There is a great deal to be said when it comes to accepting a time of grief - and a great deal of learning as well.


Now, more than ever, it's important to stay connected to those we love (and that can encompass every person on the planet).  Thank goodness for social media, I say!


Making your days count can mean anything from sitting with the grief, to volunteering on behalf of those who are shut in, to supporting essential workers, or making peoples' lives lighter with music, art or laughter.


I think the ability to turn things around is one of humanity's greatest gifts.  We can dial back our greed and materialism, we can turn our thoughts around,  and we can remember that love trumps hate every time.

 And this page, finally, reminds me to face it, accept it, and do what I can to help.


I'd love to hear what you've learned through your life that is helping you cope with the current pandemic...after all, I've got some 50+ pages to complete, and can use all the help that's available.    

10 comments:

  1. Lots of wise words, Win. And love, love, love that first spread! I wouldn't want to add anything to it, either. In fact, I'd scan it and print a few copies for collage paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so with you, Tracy, and that's a great idea...scanning coming up!

      Delete
  2. Hi Winny, my thoughts 1. smiles! they work wonders, 2. not using your phone when you're out walking better to switch it off and communicate with others (obviously from a distance at the moment). There is nothing more sad than to walk through the park and be completely ignored by people you meet. My husband and I are from Yorkshire, the largest county in the UK and very much North of London. It's an area where coal mining and the Steel industry were massive. People worked together, looked after each other and spoke to each other in the street even if they met a stranger they would be sociable. 3. Sharing: time, knowledge, kind words the smallest of gifts especially if it's unexpected can really make someone's day. 4. Always remember that everyone is important no matter who they are or what they do so be nice to them you may meet them in a different and unexpected way sometime soon. Just a few things that make life better for everyone and finally stay active anyway you can. Hope that helped. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great ideas, Ang - and I'll no doubt use them all. I particularly like the first one. It's amazing what a smile can do. Like you, we're also from an area where people are interactive, whether or not they know each other, and that's a major gift right now. You are just a gem, my friend...I so appreciate you being here. xo

      Delete
  3. This looks like a wonderful journal Win and the pages you shared are spot on - thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val - looking forward to more work in this journal, just to see what I know! :D

      Delete
  4. A beautiful and wonderfully wise journal in a time when it is needed most.
    You are always a font of love, good humor and wisdom. Take care of you.

    We are quarantined too, so I am limited to going to the store. As I have said before thank goodness for art, music, books, and Netflix. I'm letting my husband take care of the garden because he is a man without a hobby and is bored out of his mind.

    Love, best wishes, prayers and no hugs to us all,

    Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many thanks, Deann...these times are just so interesting in which to live. Had a great chat this afternoon with my nephew (and niece and grandniece); her reminded me that there is no generation living who has gone through anything like this before, and that truly made me stop in my tracks. So very true, and what an amazing thing!

      I'm smiling at your hubby being bored, and again feel extraordinarily grateful that you and I have such a passion for art. Sending massive virtual hugs, and a ton of love, my dear friend. xo

      Delete
  5. Love the spots of colour in an otherwise monochrome setting! Those coloured elements just pop off the pages. Just spotted your comment on my blog, Win - we're all good, thank you - hope you too - I haven't been blogging for a while but hope to return soon! Stay safe! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zsuzsa - glad to know you're all well. Sending healthy, safe, self-isolating vibes your way, and look forward to seeing you again soon. x o

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...