Thursday 25 April 2019

I love receiving castoffs...

...and one of my recent scores was a host of coloured file folder ends that had been chopped to about 13" x 2 3/4".  They're perfect to turn into accordion style booklets (or like this one, tied with ribbons), so a new project was born.  Never mind that I have fully a score of unfinished projects waiting in the wings...

















It's so much fun to play with miniature ArtFoamies geometric shapes that I found myself stamping up a storm.  By the time I'd finished with pens and cancelled postage stamps, there was hardly room for a word or two.  That's MY kind of book.  :D


And because I was looking for specific cancelled postage stamps for this little book, I now have several piles of separated stamps - flowers, animals, sports, people and the ever-present miscellaneous, so you know there will be more of these coming.  I'd count myself brilliant if I actually managed to create a technique video rather than a look-and-see one!  Maybe one of them will actually be an accordion style like my first Homage to Snail Mail.

Tell me, what do you do with the stamps that come to your mail box?  I'd love to hear about it, so comment below, and include a link if you like!  

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely handmade book, Win! And I simply love the idea of binding with ribbons!!!!!!!!! Kisses!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mia - it's a great tie-together for an accordion-style book, isn't it? And so pretty with the grey especially! Happy weekend, my far-flung friend!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty made ! WOW!!!! Happy weekend Win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susi - I'm looking forward to playing some more with those file ends...LOVE repurposing scraps!

      Delete
  3. Your books a charming little delight. I especially like the different color ribbons marking each page...beautiful and so special.

    Win you are going to be so disappointed in me...Stamps make excellent collages and I create those digitally once in a while when there is a stamp challenge. But as far as snail mail goes I decoratively line my garbage can with it...unless it's from someone I love in which case I save the whole thing. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deann - so fun to make! Stamps do make great collages, and here in town there is also a group that collects them to receive points for charity rewards. On the other hand, your garbage can can always use the colour. :D xo

      Delete
  4. Great idea Win, you're so imaginative and always come up with something new. I love collecting stamps too but never seem to do anything with them and this is a great way to store your favourites. Happy creative week, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela - I know I'll likely do more of these, and as Deanna (above) says, they also make great collage backgrounds! Happy week to you, too..!

      Delete
  5. I love the simplicity of this little book - toned down colourways with a splash of colour with the ribbons. And I'm always a sucker for geometric patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy...there's always something about stamps that takes me to a different place, and this little booklet was no exception. Have a happily creative week, my friend! xo

      Delete
  6. Love this Win. Great use of other people's cast offs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah - it's always so entertaining to see what one can do with throwaways!

      Delete
  7. I watched the video, it's great !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Win, what a great little book!!! I just adore it! and, why did you stop writing them? Snail mail is the best!
    sending hugs to you! Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Jackie - I'm really partial to the vari-coloured ribbons against that grey. It's like a metaphor for spring, and we're all loving the remnants of that right now. Big hugs right back to you, Jackie - lovely to see you here!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...