Thursday 18 April 2019

Throwing paint...

...everywhere is a special kind of joy, and with some time now to play in the studio, I've been doing just that.

My stack of painted dryer sheets has been sadly depleted somehow, and while I normally just mop up paints as I finish a project, this time I had a paint party!


My stack is looking plumper and with regular additions should soon be strong enough to get at those dryer sheet curtains I've had in the back of my mind for the second bathroom.  While there are more blues needed, that's an oft-used shade in this studio.



I've been playing in my art journal as well, and it's pretty colourful there too.


I'm especially loving the textural bits here...very touchable, don't you think?


Another art journal page shows off a favourite print by Klimt (not the original, unfortunately, but a reasonable serviette copy)...


 More lickable texture - I can just about taste it!


And somewhere on another worktable, there's a dryer sheet painting (or maybe stitching) brewing.  I love how the white background makes that lovely web pop.


So there you have it - back in the studio and playing like a three-year-old.  What could be a better life?  And while you're here, why not catch me up on yours...I'd love to hear what you're up to!


10 comments:

  1. So much fun going on here, loving it. All that colour and texture and even more to come. Have a happy Easter weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in total agreement (and heaven) here, Angela - it's lovely to be playing back here in the studio again!

      Delete
  2. I don't know about you but I think those dryer sheets would make a gorgeous quilt. Pieced together like they are in the first picture with a solid color in between each sheet. In the right room that would be fabulous. Your dryer sheet painting is wonderful too and eminently wall worthy, so beautiful.
    This week it's finally time to get my kiester out into the garden and get it whipped into shape. The older I get the less appealing garden work becomes, I am going to have to find some new kind of motivation. Either that or learn to love white top and bindweed.

    Rock on my dryer sheet diva your creativity is inspiring I just wish I could think of some way to use dryer sheets in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fabulous idea about the dryer sheet quilt, Deann, and were I a quilter I'd be all over that, although I'm not sure how the pieces would stand up to cleaning. Another experiment to try - yippeee!

      Gardening - oh you adventurous soul, you! John has been the gardener in our family, and with the move into the condo, that's been considerably downsized. It won't ever stop, though, as he's got 10 tomato plants potted and itching to get outside onto the patios, and there are annuals ready for a new bed he's created in the front of the condo. As to loving white top and bindweed, I think everything on this planet has its place, and maybe that's changing in your vicinity. :D

      Hmmmmm, dryer sheets in the garden? I'll put my subconscious to work on that - maybe they'd help with the static in the raspberries?!

      Have a fabulous Easter weekend, my friend, and a creative-to-the-max week! xo

      Delete
  3. WOW - you are on a FLOW - gorgeous - you are such an inspiration Win! Happy Easter my artful creative friend!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter right back to you, Susi, and your loved ones. May it be the start of a new creative uprising this spring! xo

      Delete
  4. Oh, all that lovely colour! And who knows how to play better than 3 year olds? We can learn a lot from them. I love that layering in the dryer sheet painting - gorgeously subtle gradations of colour. Wonderful!

    Have a lovely Easter weekend. We, as you might expect, will be extremely busy, but have some ribs ready to slow cook for Monday. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, baby, it doesn't get better than that! Pure, unadulterated play! Hope you had a great Easter Win! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the best, Zsuzsa? Nothing more fun! And yes, we had a great Easter, including a visit with the kids and grandson. What could be better?!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...