Thursday 19 October 2023

While perhaps not...

...the most productive week in the studio, it has been an interesting one in my creative mind.  I watched a video called Powers of Ten which set my mind racing.



Taking some time to photograph things around the house, I put the concept to the test, and came up with these series of photos.  Each series of three is a zoom-in to a specific area, and the third would make an interesting abstract in my opinion.


If I were a painter of realism, I'd love to paint this one of my Grandfather's cane hanging from the Bentwood rack.


And further cropping would make this a fun abstract to do.


A pile of embroidery-work-to-be-done has few possibilities in any direction.


However, it gets more interesting as one moves in though.


And I'm loving the abstracted possibilities here!


I did manage to get an 14" x 11" painting done for my eldest grandson's birthday, so that will get off in the mail this week, one hopes.


And he even gets a card to colour to go along with it because colouring is a favourite thing of his.

My visionary mind is on over-stimulation now, so I hope it spurs me back to the 3 x 4, or something just as much fun.

May your week have been filled with the thrill of creative revelations from the muse, and may they spring effortlessly into reality!

8 comments:

  1. A wide array of art making and planning this week. By delving into a variety of art things, when you are working on one, ideas can enter into the creative process from all those places you’ve been working/thinking in. At least that’s what I find. And yes, it can be over-stimulating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And isn't that just the best way to keep the muse engaged?! SO much fun!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Win that film just blows your mind doesn't it. So much going on in and around our world that we don't even comprehend. Just incase we ever get the idea we are something special. The world just keeps on turning with or without us...thank goodness.
    I love the way you broke it down into you art very interesting.
    And your grandkids are so lucky to have a wonderful Grandma like you.
    I hope your Autumn is as warm and wonderful as mine has been have a great week. Best wishes and hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fabulous video...and the possibilities are endless if we could only see them all.

      And I consider me the luckiest grandparent ever to be experiencing all that these children give! It's a wonderful thing to be alive as a grandparent, as you well know!

      Sending you major hugs in the beautiful autumn world, my friend. xo

      Delete
  3. Hi Win, I am loving the video of the skin and cells of the hand what great abstract patterns you could make and develop. I'm not surprised how much you enjoyed playing with your camera, you came up with some great ideas for abstract art. Hope you take this further. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see this all becoming an obsession (as if I don't have enough of those already!!! 🤣). Looking forward to playing with the concept some more, of course! Happy week, my friend...xo

      Delete
  4. Aren't you just the best grandma/oma/nanny! A matching card to colour in is such a great idea.
    And I love those photos where, as you close in, you get more and more interest as the subject abstracts. Just like when you take photos of artworks and each little bit suddenly becomes its own artwork. And then you disappear into an Alice in Wonderland type of world...
    Have a great weekend, Win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great phrase - it really is an Alice in Wonderland world in the world of art. I love taking cropped shots of journal pages and paintings just for this reason. As artists, we can have more fun than what should be legal, I'd say. 🤣 Happy week to you in Australia, my friend. xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...