Thursday 5 October 2023

Rules are really not my thing...

 ...when it comes to art, so I usually don't get too far when I work with art prompts before they're all out the window.  The art prompt for October was to use neon green, bright turquoise and tangerine to create a painting.  The initial three layers of colour were fun, 


but of course, I wouldn't stop there.  The additions of pen and ink



were pretty much a requirement as I worked my way 


through three different sizes. And then the yellow 'accidently happened' to hide the too-bright-white background.


The addition of white dots, 


and more fine-line black and then dots gives me something to build on.  Wonder where it will all go?  Me, too!


We took a bit of time out to add some punch to the front patio with some fall colours as well.


A start on the second birthday painting of the fall was a good thing - it's due within the next month. No photos yet, but perhaps next week.

And we delivered the September three-year old's painting.  His mom really likes it, although Owen was having so much fun opening his presents that he immediately went for the depths of the bag to see what else there was. I so enjoy the enthusiasm of the young.  🤣


I certainly hope your week was as much fun as mine, and your weather as stellar!  And if your Thanksgiving is coming up, as Canada's is in the next week, may you be aware of every bit of your life that gives you love, joy and light.

8 comments:

  1. I was really surprised to see your beautiful leaf progressions today. It's fun to watch you do your thing and work your way to the finish project.
    Your Autumn arraignment is gorgeous. We drove through the mountains yesterday and the leaves this year are absolutely amazing.
    Owen is a lucky guy not every Grandma can knock off Spiderman like a pro. Or takes the time to make beautiful birthday cards for her grandkids.
    Our Thanksgiving isn't until the end of November but believe me when I say I AM BLESSED I have a great multitude of blessings every day and you are one of them. Hugs and many blessing to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deann...I'm never sure how and where a project will go (if at all), so it's rather a good thing to keep track . And I'm in complete agreement about the autumn colours this year - they are truly astounding!
      I so much enjoy creating for the grandkids, and look forward to seven or eight decades more of paintings for them. 🤣
      All all my online friends, I am certainly aware that you are conscious of blessings in every moment. Thank you for reciprocating the feeling of gratitude I carry for you...you truly are a gift! xo

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, rules have a habit of stifling creativity. Looks like you're having a good time with your family, what could be better. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang those rules, I say! 😜 And yes, the family time was fabulous, as always. It's truly a blessing. ❤️

      Delete
  3. Those additions make the whole piece pop beautifully. I think we should look at 'rules' more as guidelines and starting points :)

    I'm sure Owen will appreciate his painting when he slows down enough to take it all in. If only we had half as much energy as three year olds once we get over 50...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Tracy - hang the rules and let the play begin! 🤣

      I'm so with you on the need for half as much energy as a three-year old. It was the most amazing thing to watch at gaggle of them tear around the park like banshees. SO much fun!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the progression of photos. That early helps in understanding your process. I like that colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome...the layers upon layers (with more to come, of course) are always an exploration of 'what if's'! ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...