Thursday 7 September 2023

It's been a mixed bag this week...

...but a fun one, nonetheless.

With friends in the studio for a morning, we got our playtime on.  Laura was working on inking a painting as she readies for The Square Foot Show.


Eileen was playing with a small series of abstract pieces which, of course, had me yearning to do the same.


As a consequence, I threw some paint at a journal spread


in a trio of colours that was well out of my usual range.  Lavender, warm yellow and burnt sienna were the suggestions for my September art prompt, and I had fun with them.  More to come on this spread once it truly dries, I suspect.

As I looked through this journal after our playdate, I was struck by the range of luscious colour and texture in some of the spreads, and thought you might enjoy a peek at some of them. 








Now that I've got my abstract appetite whetted once again, I think I'd better get back to the studio.  Have a happy September week, my friends!  

11 comments:

  1. Win your creativity is endless. I especially like the last picture that is kind of bubbly looking. And I'm dying to see what you do with burnt sienna, lavender and yellow, not my personal choice of color combinations. But I know you will come through with something fabulous.
    Wishing all the best my friend. Have fun with your art buddies. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness know where that sienna/lavender/yellow will go - not my favourite combo either, but that's the fun of art prompts, I think. It's so easy to get into a comfort zone (i.e. rut!). Have a terrific week, Deann, and may it be cooling in your area a bit! Huge hugs!

      Delete
  2. You are going to have so much fun, loving the abstract paintings. Gorgeous colour and textures. There's nothing I like more than crafting with friends and it might be happening here soon as one of my friends asked yesterday if they could make some Christmas cards. I've done this for them before, we have a little group that like to get together and do some card making but they are not crafters and I have to prep. everything so they can just put the cards together but I have to say I still enjoy it seeing how happy they are when they see them finished. Have fun, hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a big job to get all the prep work together for even a small group of non-crafters! I salute your industry - may it be a blast for you, Angela!! Happy week to you, whatever you create! xo

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous painting starts. Where will they go from here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness knows - there are days when I think it's all a crap shoot! 🤣

      Delete
  4. Love the colours and pattern in that one second from the bottom. Looking forward to seeing where the purple, yellow, and brown is going. As you say, not your usual palette, but yellow and purple are great together when you have the right versions of them, and I think ochre goes with everything.
    And what fun to have friends around for arty play. It's always inspiring to do that and sends you off in a dozen directions that you hadn't thought of :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all Winn! One of these days my mind will figure out abstracts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks - and I'm ever hopeful about figuring out abstracts too! :D

      Delete
  6. So inspiring, all that yummy color. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D There are weeks when my colour piggery knows no bounds!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...