Thursday 14 September 2023

Getting back into the groove ...

... is a good thing, and this week was one of those.

I asked John to help me get the 3' x 4' painting back on a table, and tore into it.  I'd been reining in my drive to add another colour, but lost the battle to an additional yellow.


Masking off the circle of plastic wrap area meant I saved the white only in that area.


I'm already liking the additional contrast this will give me, and I'm really looking forward to adding more layers now.


Of course, I have other things on the go as well.  I'm working on a journal spread in the floral signature since I got thinking about all those flower beds at midnight.  Who knows what they get up to when nobody is watching?  


I added another layer to the journal spread started last week with the September prompt.  Goodness knows how I'll keep these pages from sticking together when they close.  That plasticky acrylic is a nuisance in a journal.  


The Arcturus painting got some work in the background as I glazed a purple around the building skyline before adding any more layers.


I can see there's a long way to go on this piece, but I'm liking what's happening already.

How's your week gone?  Have you been getting the lovely fall weather?  I've been enjoying it so much I've nearly walked off three inches of my legs with enthusiasm!  

10 comments:

  1. Yeah the 3'x4' panel is back! I'm loving the progression. I like the details in your flowers and I am even coming around to yellow, brown and purple now that you've added the other half with a little white it is actually beautiful, and the last one is gorgeous with all my favorite colors.
    I hope your weather has been as lovely as ours the last couple of weeks.
    I love Autumn my favorite season and they say this one should be spectacular. Wishing you a fabulous Autumn and every good thing my friend. Hugs, Deann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deann - I'm happy to be back with the 'biggie' and the opportunity to add more and more layers. Will it ever end? Maybe not. 🤣

      I agree about the purple combo one...it may work out if all goes well. 😜

      Our weather has been pure delight - the temperature has been perfect for walking, so we've been out on long walks once or twice a day as we talk advantage of the beautiful autumn! And yes, it's shaping up to be a beauty this year.

      May your favourite season be all that you could desire, along with the days of the rest of your life...thanks, as always for stopping by to brighten my day. xo

      Delete
  2. Walking is good for you and enjoyable when the weather is just right. We've had some nice Autumnal weather on some days now the heat has gone down but heavy rain too. This kind of weather is better for crafting though, I'm not a lover of all that heat. You've obviously been having fun with your art work. I think you need some baking parchment in the journal which should stop the pages sticking together. Gorgeous colours on the painting too. Have a fun end to the week. Sending hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That rain may be a nuisance but I can see from your photos that you have the ideal climate for gardening - it always looks so lush there. I'm with you on the extreme heat, and there are two or three months here (generally including fire season) that qualify for that!

      Parchment does work (or waxed paper) to help separate the sheets, and I've tried other things like a rice flour dusting as well. Seriously, I just want someone to invent a new kind of paint that doesn't stick and has the same loveable qualities as acrylics! 🤣 Oh well, I can dream! Sending hugs right back, and wishes for a spate of beautiful fall weather! xo

      Delete
    2. Gresat weather today up until about 4.00pm and now it's pouring it down again but lots of gardening done. Hugs, Angela xXx

      Delete
  3. I'm envious of how much you've accomplished this week, Win! Loving where that purple and yellow is going. The glow in the yellow is lush. And the layers are stacking up beautifully on your panel.
    I haven't managed to post this week as I am knee-deep in making 'showbags' for the school visit to church on Wednesday - fabric bags stencilled on both sides and filled with goodies.
    As for the weather - we've had a taste of summer this week with a couple of days in the high 20s C. Glad you're enjoying the fall weather and are able to get out for a walk. It's good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonder you had time to check in here, Tracy; I'm thankful you took the time! I agree with you on the journal page, the panel and the walking for the soul! Life is extraordinarily good!

      Good luck on the showbags...they sound truly fun!

      Delete
  4. The purple and gold pages are so engaging. When you get a journal page you really love, do you ever wish you had started it as a painting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely happens, and darn it - the reverse can happen as well. 😂😁🤣

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...