Thursday 13 April 2023

It's been a week...

...and that's all I'm going to say.  Thank goodness for studio time which does much to help restore my sanity.  I managed to finish the first crackle piece, and can enjoy that feeling of done and dusted.



'Squaring the Circle VI', mixed media on canvas, 2023 © Win Dinn

I did some further work on the garden piece, and have gone waaaaaaaay overboard, I'd say.  It amuses me that even with this much on the go, I kept trying to up the contrast and volume.  I'm obviously right around the bend.


There are parts of it that really make me happy, like the sketchiness of the pen work around the blue here.


The little windows of layers beneath really pull me in.


Each 'flower' has a totally different feel due to the 17,563 layers (😉 )  that comprise the piece. 


This style of leaf pattern is a favourite of Tracy Verdugo's, and I've become quite enamoured of it.


This area makes me laugh, as I can't decide whether it's the yellow/orange part that's the flower, or if the petals are all the bits between.


Because this is definitely an exploratory piece, there may be more to come.  In the meantime, I'm going to set it aside and move on to something new.

I also managed to get further along on a Typar stencil I'm cutting; I've been wanting to do this one for ages and finally found the 'Round Tuit' I'd misplaced in the wash.

All in all, it's been a good studio week, and I hope yours was too.  May your Easter have been filled with love and laughter, family and friends.  See you next week!  xo

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love them both! The red and gold make me want to reach out and touch that piece with all that yummy texture. The garden is fabulous and not at all overboard :) The pop of all those bright colours is marvellous. There's so much for the eye to pick out, I could look at it for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, that's wonderfully kind of you to say so. I'm learning so much from Tracy Verdugo's Abstract Mojo course that I'm truly mind-boggled at this point. And isn't that a marvellous way for an artist to be?!!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Each little section a beautiful picture by itself. Your pictures would be so wonderful hanging in an all white room. All white houses are very big down here right now. I however am not an all white house person. My house looks more like your paintings...lol
    Have a great week and take care of you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're definitely kindred spirits, Deann. I can well imagine your house (kissing cousin to ours, I'm sure). Our passion for colour, texture and contrast means we can appreciate each other's creative play to the max.

      Delete
  3. You just use such gorgeous colours in your projects, you are truly a brave artist and the results are great. I always look forward to visiting your blog. Sending hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Angela - Colour Pig should be my two extra middle names. And right back at you for blog visiting - your is always a highlight! xo

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...