Thursday 16 February 2023

I'm obsessed with contrast...

...these days, as I work through the Abstract Mojo class.  Whether it's contrast in complementary colours,


contrast in values, 


size contrast, 

style,

texture,

or any combination of them,



it is strong distinction that makes something worth looking at for any length of time.  The list of contrast in the visual arts goes on and on, and I suspect that each artist would  have a unique and fascinating lineup of favourites.

How about you - what's your top three in the world of contrast?  And do you notice that you use them again and again?  I look forward to hearing your answers!

6 comments:

  1. I love your unique thoughts and the fact that you are thinking all the time. I would have to say that my favorite contrasts are Near & Far, Old & New and Light & Dark. You are so right opposites add interest and beauty to everything. Best wishes to you my friend, and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are fabulous contrasts, Deann. I do have to admit that my spacial relationship issue has me avoiding Near & Far mostly. In my next lifetime, I'll spend a LOT of time studying perspective. 🤣 Massive hugs, my friend....

      Delete
  2. Loving your Valentine's card. I must have favourite ways to create contrast but not really thought about it. I love a variety of texture in my projects whether it's produced by a medium or techniques, colour creates great contrast and pattern too. Thanks for asking about the dogs and the plane noise, they don't seem bothered by it thank goodness. Have a good weekend, hopefully with some crafting. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the card compliment; coming from the master card-maker extraordinaire, that's high praise indeed. Oh my yes - texture and colour are really outstanding contrasts to play with!! Happy week, my friend! xo

      Delete
  3. I love the stark contrast between black and white, but also use the complementary colours a lot. A little of one with a lot of the other causes a 'pop' that makes my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on both counts, Tracy...there's something about both that make my heart go pitta-pat! We must be artists, right? ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...