Thursday 8 December 2022

My memory is great...

 ...when it's turned on, although that's a hit and miss thing these days.  🤣  I realized that one of the Christmas traditions hadn't even been on my mental radar, so making tree ornaments for the grandkids was was pretty much a necessity given I was in the midst of wrapping their presents.


The ones I made for them have disappeared somewhere in the pile, but as you can see from the photo above, I just couldn't stop making these little (1 1/2" square) ornaments.  The origami envelopes were  so fun to make from 6" x 1 1/2" strips of paper scraps and I probably have a thousand more of those.  They could be as lucky as origami cranes, right?


I finished them with a wide variety of stickers,


and a range of embroidery thread ends.

Some are meant for children,


and just as many for the grown-ups.

I wonder now if my addictive nature will let me stop this nonsense, and get on to the Christmas baking.  After all, there are only seventeen days left until Christmas, and soooooooo many treats to sort.

Happy Christmas creating, whatever you're up to!

12 comments:

  1. How clever that the envelope becomes part of the decoration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were such fun to make I could hardly resist!

      Delete
  2. Win, these are absolutely lovey little items. Dea F is starting to call her Christmas tree a memory tree. I wholeheartedly agree with her. I think this idea qualifies for inclusion on my memory tree.
    Isabella Nelson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dea's idea of the Christmas tree being a memory tree is definitely a keeper. Our Christmas decor may be pared down now, but each item holds a host of memories. And each year a make a new ornament for each of the grandchildren, so they'll have some memories when they start their own tree. Thanks so much for stopping by to comment, Isabella - lovely to see you here. xo

      Delete
  3. Win, I have said it before and I will say it again you my dear are amazing, and one of the dearest ladies I know.
    These are adorable little treasures. And speaking of treasures thank you so much for the lovely Christmas card you sent me. You take so much care creating every piece the key word there is care, you care about everyone and everything you do, it's wonderful I wish there were millions more people like you. I hope you are having a Happy Holiday Season. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart, Deann...your kind words just give me such a lift. Sending a ton of love your way today, and every day.

      Delete
  4. Love these Win they are magical. No wonder you couldn't stop making them. I bet it would be a good project to do with the children too. Bet they will love them. Wishing you a very happy weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would be a super thing to do with kids, Angela - they're quick, easy and can be made to any size. Brilliant lady! xo

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to add to your home-made ornaments every year. Your trees must be colourful and unique, just like you :)
    My origami angels will be installed on Christmas Eve and in the meantime I'm selling lots of books, painting canvas edges, and generally trying to avoid crowds. Not particularly Christmassy, but I'm sure there'll be some paint thrown around in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree is certainly unique, Tracy, given that it's most definitely not the traditional one at all, being an overgrown croton! I hope we'll see a photo of the origami angel installasion! xo

      Delete
  6. The tags are a great idea, love them xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...